audio nirvana

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Scottmose suggestion is right on the money: "you'll need a different enclosure -a large back-horn variation would be the obvious choice since it needs all the help it can get on the bottom end". I have a pair of AN Super 8 cast frames on Kalinowski BLHs and they sound very right to me: channel separation, instrument position, resolution, etc.

I was pretty happy with them but decided that I could get more out of them and added the latest iteration of the Bybee Purifier bullets ($590 pair) installed inside the cabinets right before the drivers. That took the ANs to another level.

I also have a pair of the ol' Realistic super tweeters (originally made by Fostex for Tandy Corp.) seating atop the BLHs also connected to the Bybee bullets, which I have modified with Obbligato 2.2 uF caps ($17 ea) and Mundorf Copper Coils ($35 ea). That takes the top end up to 40 kHz. Yet, I want to refine the sound a bit more in the top end, thus I was recommended by Tony of Humblemadehifi.com to bypass the Obbligato's with an ERO Roederstein KP1832 0.010 caps ($10 pair) which I am getting ready to do.

I'm also helping the low end with an 18" active sub that is set to capture anything below 40 Hz down to 16 Hz. For most music it doesn't kick in as the AN are very capable of generating plenty of tight bass on their own.

Sorry for the digressions but the humble AN Super 8 Cast frames have the ability to sound fantastic especially a midrange to die for with plenty of texture depending on the cabinet used, the source feeding them (Korneff 45 SEi integrated @ 1.5 W per channel), the source material of course, and whatever else is in between.

Hi Norman have the 10 cast frames for 5 years and never did anything to them of any circuit type ,always was a little annoyed by their shout . just went with the classic 10 as of yesterday. hoping for less shout . only about 10 hours on them . These are in the 2.8 cabinets with the 2 , 3inch ports . so im in a breakin period again . and for those out there that have these. I would give a ton of breakin to these before I start TINKERING. Seems a lot of people don't give a good breakin a chance. i'm as guilty as the next guy of doing this . tube rolling is the worst!!!!!!!!!!! I guess it's what this website is all about !

Well, assuming I understand what this is all about, then it's a 'robbing Peter to pay Paul' situation, so assuming these actually work at an audible level, then any noise generated by the signal transmission gets stripped off at the expense of pure signal loss, though with a typical sound system's [extremely] short signal path-lengths compared to a commercial power/telephone line I find it hard to believe there would be enough noise to strip assuming good quality wire with a low L/C/R for the voltage/current app above our peak hearing BW's ~ -40 dB threshold: A no-go result on the purification of quantum states : Scientific Reports : Nature Publishing Group

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.