Audio Nirvana

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There seems to be pretty general agreement here that 'full range' doesn't include bass....so, is a name change in order for those speakers?:confused:

That said, my AN10 stamped frame speakers in the 2.8 box (port tweaked after generous help from Dave at Planet10) sound good and have plenty of decent bass (for music, not movie explosions) for my taste.
I have a pair of AN12 stamped frame drivers waiting for a tempting box project, so I'll stay tuned for suggestions!

Well there was a time when they did, typicaly at the expense of HF BW. I can think of goodmans axiom as an example (giant 80l enclosures though). The better models like the axiom 80 was rated from 20 to 20kHz.

Attachments

• goodmans%2Baxiom%2B301.JPG
    goodmans%2Baxiom%2B301.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 292
zobel

I like my AN cast frame 12's a lot and even more since adding a Zobel.
Tried adding 2 notch circuits to tame the 2 major mid peaks but it sucked the life out of the sound enough to be noticeable . Smoothed the phizziness of trumpets and violins but.....
out they come . Instead I use a 31 band eq to cut 3dbs at those freq.
Up against the wall and toed in to meet in front of the listening area.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.