Audio device for tourism

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
We have a small tourist business and want to use some audio players to attract non english speakers . I guess youve seen the units they have in museums etc. where they give hand held units so that people can navigate themselves around the site .
The companies who produce these units are seriously expensive and way out of our league . So I'm wondering if someone has any ideas for a generally available piece of kit (perhaps on ebay!) that could be used /adapted for the same purpose . Idea is you wander around and can push a number button to replay a segment describing where you are . Perhaps up to an hour of recording with up to 50 or so segments .
Max. 4 units so no big business poss. All and any suggestions welcome .

Regards
Mike

Hi Dave,
Don't have an ipod .! Is it possible to number each track so you can jump backward and forward at will ? How do you dictate the commentary onto the machine ? Any particular model better suited to this type of work?

Sorry for my ignorance !

Thanks . Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.