Audio Amplifier without transistors or tubes?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well myhrrhleine, be my guest and make a amp working on faucets “Tap (valve)” It will be dam interesting to me how it will work.

Then I’m working with 60KV then my miltymeters become mental, that’s probably because of the EMP from the coil, that’s 1 weird thing of a transistor / chip

We are building knowledge to our self and to our peers.

It’s all about knowledge and electronic fun. It will teach you a planet or star full of stuff.

I love this stuff, it’s like

(1) Electronics
(2) Food
(3) Woman

There is a really, really bad way to do it.

1. Put output from source into tiny piezo speaker.
3. Put piezo speaker on a carbon strip, with a resistor next to it forming a resistor network. The carbon strip should have the same resistance as the resistor at rest, and an output transformer should be connected from the center-point to ground.
4. Put a few thousand watts through the resistor network.

As the resistance of the carbon strip varies due to the vibration, a signal will pass through the output transformer. DC bias would be huge, distortion would be massive, but it would work.

I love foolish things like these!

Why not try to make a switching (class D) amp with a pyrite oscillator, a comparator based on simply adding the waveforms, ampiflied to "clipping" through a transformer and some funky relays?

All the basic ingredients are there to become a famous inventor: users.ece.gatech.edu/~mleach/ece4435/f01/ClassD2.pdf

Might not work, but could be a starting point. Happy building! Please post some pics...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.