ATC SCM7 . . . with Papa's diy amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will be using this F-5 to drive my coaxials

Attachments

• 15inch coaxial-2.jpg
    15inch coaxial-2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 223
Etching Pens

I bought the same etching powder as you. I also got an etching pen, but it was totally useless. I am only about a quarter way through drawing my first board and it has run out.
Is there an alternative pen I could use? as these seem to be very small and do not hold very much ink.

There must be some generic markers out there that will do the same job?
I will be working on my baffles today until I can sort this out.

:smash: :smash: :smash::mad: :mad: :mad:

Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
Re: Etching Pens

enzedone said:
... I also got an etching pen, but ...only about a quarter way through drawing my first board and it has run out.

:smash:

Etching pen?

I droped by a stationary shop and bought a permanent marker (oil) pen.
Cheap and useful . . . !

After the marking, wait for a day or two till the marks are entirely dried off.

Good luck :)

Attachments

• pcb etching marker.jpg
    pcb etching marker.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 194
Joined 2006
enzedone said:
I removed the added caps and made some of the holes slightly bigger as well.

I have wondered why you considered the additional caps--i.e. the supply bypassing.

A book says that bypassing the supplies is almost always essential with ICs. The bypass capacitors should be located as close as possible to the IC. Yeah. . . with IC. . .

I understand that the bypass capacitor prevents current feedback caused by long lead between the circuit and the power supply. But, in this F5 case(, which is different from the ICs), the original has no bypass capacitor. Probably based on the kitchin table test results. . . ?

Cheers,

:)

Circuit

That was not drawn up by myself, it was done by a guy on the F5 thread. I don't really understand why they were put in either. But there are some really knowledgable people who know waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than myself.
Including you, :D
But for me, I think it would be safer to just stick to the original layout.

How is your amp board coming along? Have you traced it onto your copper board yet?

Joined 2006
enzedone said:

How is your amp board coming along?

My wife pressed down the "pause" button, saying I should not do any physical effort yet.

Yes, I am still in the middle of the anti-cancer chemotherapy treatments. One treatment takes three days for total four injections (each injection takes 1.5 hours). After the treatment, I feel easily tired and feel as if my body was being pressed down by something, for ten days. And, next ten days I feel getting better little by little. But, after this 20days, I have to visit Dr. again for the next treatment. . . Ayo. . .

I have got three treatments, one week later I might need 4th treatment, or not, depending on. . .

Mmm. . . better to wait few weeks. . . for the next progress of my F5 construction.

Cheers,

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.