Astonishing discovery

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That looks like an old wrinkled piece of gray Duct tape to me. On the topic of just making sh-t up I know I should Probably should start a new thread but...

You get a similar effect by mounting 3/4 inch domes in the tips of a wonder bra.

You can also mount mid domes the same way using different cup sizes to tune the rear cavity.

Any other ideas using these techniques?
Do you have any photos of your tittilating design?

That looks like an old wrinkled piece of gray Duct tape to me. On the topic of just making sh-t up I know I should Probably should start a new thread but...

You get a similar effect by mounting 3/4 inch domes in the tips of a wonder bra.

You can also mount mid domes the same way using different cup sizes to tune the rear cavity.

Any other ideas using these techniques?

I think that there's a picture of Beyonce on the web using gray duct tape to prevent a wardrobe malfunction, or to keep something from popping through...

As it turns out, the hose detached from my ribbon eventually. As I mentioned previously, the hose was glued to the ribbon when it was stretched out. When the 3M glue dried, I detentioned the hose and trimmed away the excess. Over time, the glue failed to keep the tensioned hose in place on the ribbon's surface. So now, I'm doing the same thing except I'm not detensioning. I've stretched the hose on a frame and glued the ribbon on in the same way and left the assembly in tensioned. That way the glue doesn't have to carry load of the tensioned hose.

Good update, as I was wondering how long the 3M glue was going to hold up under tension bonded to nylon.
How long (time wise) did it take for the glue to give up.
Maybe there was to much tension with the hose for the glue to handle.
Can you get the same effect using a woven fabric such as silkscreen material with a little tension when applied the same way?
Although it might not be as springy?
Forgive me as it has been awhile and I don't remember all of the details without rereading the thread. jer

3M Scotch Grip # 4693 is a contact which bonds permanently to Mylar (cannot be taken apart) which has a surface tension of about 45 dynes per Cm Sq. that's smoother than polished plate glass. You can thin it and spray over the nylon web on the foil and let dry. I should think that would be a good starting point and the application engineers at 3M can offer other suggestions I am sure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.