Arta software measuring tweeter

ARTA doesn't have frequency response limits for impulse response measurements, if that's what you're asking. The average tweeter will be fine full range for low SPL frequency response measurement, especially if you use periodic noise instead of a sine sweep. You always have the ability to include your own high pass filter in line with the device being tested. For delicate ribbon tweeters, a capacitor is a must.

If you are paranoid about it, REW sine sweep allows frequency limits.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a little confused about the graphics, they are all smoothed 1/12 only the Arta is 1/24, the measurements are at 1m in the 28m room.
mess.png

The cal files are generated by cross spectrum labs, if that's what you mean, and the graphic interface file is a calibration made by me, I have several calibrated interfaces and microphones. what annoys me is that I can't trust the REW measurements, I would only measure with ARTA but I can't be sure that I don't damage the tweeter.

stv

Joined 2005
Paid Member
if that's what you mean
I just pointed out that applying calibration after measurement might be a reason for deviating response curves in REW.

just for fun und interest a did a rough overlay of response curves:

mess_stv.png

there are indeed some strange deviations in the top end. also between ARTA and HOLM.

I was a bit puzzeled by the different distorion graphs until I realized that ARTA shows percentages while REW shows absolute dB values.