Aristotele logical on Vinyl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
inverting the same signal twice the result does not change

but

the low frequencies are in mono in the stereo system

then

they are complementary on the power supply

also inside equalizer:)

Attachments

• PHASE PICKUP.png
    PHASE PICKUP.png
    191.7 KB · Views: 169
Genial idea! If I understand correctly, L pulls and R pushes the power supply at low frequency, this way the combined power is not fluctuating but constant.

But you don't need to tamper with the phono cartridge, this trick (phase inversion in one channel) can be done in the preamplifier.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Well Marcel, we will have to agree to disagree on the 'clever' part. For car audio I can see an application. For battery boom boxes I can see an application. For domestic audio I fail to see the benefit, which is probably why, despite it being around for a long time I am not aware of any application in home audio.

For anyone with an all digital rig of course it's very easy to test as you can invert one channel of your test music in your favourite editor then flip a speaker cable.

Account Closed
Joined 2010
Well Marcel, we will have to agree to disagree on the 'clever' part. For car audio I can see an application. For battery boom boxes I can see an application. For domestic audio I fail to see the benefit, which is probably why, despite it being around for a long time I am not aware of any application in home audio.

For anyone with an all digital rig of course it's very easy to test as you can invert one channel of your test music in your favourite editor then flip a speaker cable.
I think it's the opposite actually! Car audio usually use BTL outputs while home appliances are usually single ended...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.