Arguably, the greatest Guitar session of all time?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Le Basseur said:

If allowed,here+s a paraphrase:
"Each time when Vlatko Stefanovski and Miroslav Tadic sat down and played".;)
Seriously,if you+re in the Meola/McLaughlin/Lucia thing,you+ll definately love the works of these two Balkan guitarists!

Heartily seconded! Krushevo is the most readily available album (and the only one I have heard). This is also hands down one of the best *sounding* acoustic guitar CDs I have ever heard. Two acoustic guitars in a Macedonian war memorial recorded direct to hirez digital.
Cody

Al DiMeola,McLaughlin, & De Lucia - Friday Night In San Francisco.
Yep, thats about as good as it gets:) If you listen closely enough, and checks the album text;) Paco just wipes the two other guys #ss!!! Paco De Lucia is the greatest on an acoustic guitar!! Take a close close listen and refer to the album text:D :D At least on the Vinyl!! I am not sure if the CD text contains info of who is playing what channel:D I just love that album!! Absolutely great stuff!! Just listen to those guys, swaying off to the Pink Panther theme!!!!

Steen:cool:

Le Basseur, reverber n' valvewizard,

heartly fourthed! : ) Session from Heaven!

'Krushevo' is a collaboration that is immense!! and the sound of that studio recording is immaculate too! Vlatko Stefanovski and Miroslav Tadic are true maestro's, the only other thing to top the 'Krushevo' album (if that was possible!) is, YES... 'Live in Belgrade' this is the 'Live' recording of the above mentioned album and it is absolutely on another plain! (great work by all musicians, sound engineers and recorders).

reverber, if you can get hold of 'Live in Belgrade' you will not be disappointed!

Hi Scottmoose,
Man after my own heart! : )

Rory Gallagher, Huan Martin, David Lindley and Richard Thompson! Live LONDON’S DOMINION THEATRE now that's what I call a Session!!

My guitar hero is Rory Gallagher this man was humble but had his fingers in a lot of pie's, hahah! Blues, Jazz, Rock, Cajun, Folk. He also did a great session with Muddy Waters! (back in...a long time ago) ; )

Hi ya bubbamc!:)

I checked out 'buckethead' he's cool! But the thread is not really about your favorite guitarist, more of who you would like to have play along with him/her in a session. So I guess you gonna have to come and and let us know :D

Dream (in my head dream session) I would have loved Jimmy Page and Rory Gallagher and Jimi Hendrix do something together now that would be one HOT SESSION :hot:

I can but dream....:rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.