Are you afraid of heights?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Very Nice Jacco! Did you get to stay up there long?

One of my favorite hang outs in good weather was roof of the south tower of Notre Dame. Great view.

Attachments

• notredameroof.jpg
    notredameroof.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 77
My friend's son does wire preheating at heights, for welding, heli squad type of job.
Sometimes has to stay up there for a couple of hours, got into it after he torched a bus stop on NY's eve and got caught, he looks 100% as dumb as he is. (also pays for Bob's 2 motorcycles, 2 cars, and a quad)

I used to work on bridges before OSHA mandated fall protection procedures. I admire what those tower climbers do.

A vivid memory is of walking the beams before any formwork had been placed. This was necessary to collect elevations every ~8' from which to set the form work. Every elevation point required walking to it and turning around so that the grade rod could be seen by the instrument person collecting the data. Some of the top flanges were only ~12" wide...pretty dicey.
Another favorite was the bridge 120' above the water...which was moving...aka white water. The moving background was a little unsettling while maintaining focus on planting the feet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.