are ESL's, planars etc for me?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Charlie is right,they are light diffusers.
The same stuff that acoustats were made out of back in the day.
I wll post the schematic of the supply very soon.
I just want make sure that all of the component values don't need to be changed as I transfer it to a breadboard of some sort.
Then I will finnish drawing it out in circuit maker and post it as a BMP file. jer

All i am saying

You have nothing to loose in cunstructing and building your own panels, like i said before, took me five months, only had one day a week to work on them and had to drive about 45 mins away as I did not have the appropriate tools at home. Charlie was very kind to lend his time and home for me.
I have built alot of things in my life, but nothing has sounded like this. Yes, they are bright and detailed, imaging is tough, but i have found different ways of speaker placement to get a very good disperssion while watching a movie or what not.
You can copy my desighn or create your own, i am very pleased with my setup. exactly like Charlies, bi-amped, one channel for esl and one for tl, right and left. and of cousre the cross over, which i dearly needed as my amps are only 4 ohm stable, running high frequency drops my impiedence load very quick, so amps would be something to look into. I am sure there is someone with recommendations, I was using what i had. Adcom. Charlie, Carver.
So...less chit chat and GO BUILD THAT, what do you have to loose? I have allready been offered 15 grand for mine(amps and all) but that person does understand the fundimentals, it would be a headache if i sold them to so and so, but like i said, nothhing to loose, i will keep mine for as long as i can, its like my first car. So get going, cant wait.

Finally got these up and have listened to them for a couple of weeks with my 12AT7/832 tube amp. All I can say is that they were well worth the wait; simply amazing.

Glad to hear the opinions given in this thread. I've recently purchased a set of Martin Logan Aeon speakers and won't be able to set them up for another 5-6 weeks (had them for about a month now). I got to listen to them for about an hour in less than ideal conditions and they sounded great. Anybody know how to make time pass faster?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.