APOX volume-input for Aleph P1.7 question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean with "flat side out". Leds are not blinking in any way. (I even turned out the lights to check if they were burning very low...)

The software gives the possibility to use the volume board single ended. This option is switched on so there is no need to connect - to ground.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Flat side = cathode, facing out toward the board-edge

Arne K

Attachments

• Led_ht14.gif
    Led_ht14.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 212
Just took all the wiring apart en put it back together.
What can I say... It's alive on both channels. All problems solved?
No. There is a hummmmm... I can adjust the volume from 0 to 255.
The humm is at some points louder than at other points...
What could this be?

(In my next life I promise I wil become a PHD in electronics or whatever...:cool: )

The APOX was working (more or less) when I used it as a passive attenuator.
I can use the APOX volume ranging from 0 to 255. I get sound from, let's say, step 170... I also get humm at step 70, than no humm, and again humm from step 150 and up.

When I connect the Aleph I get a very faint sound when turning the volume up way to far...

Just made a picture.

-/g means where these are soldered together for single ended use.

The APOX menu is set to single ended use. For me that means that it is not required to connect - to ground on the APOX board.

Aleph's output is connected to the APOX input. APOX output (bottom of picture)is connected to the UCD400 amps. CD player is connected to input of Aleph (top of picture)

4073020920_cba33efa39_b.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.