• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Apogee Scintilla - A Project!

LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. NO EXCEPTIONS. Costa Mesa, CA

I have a pair of what appear to be 4 Ohm Apogee Scintillas that are in need of full restoration. My goal here was to follow in AVWERK's footsteps and make this a fun DIY project. I just don't have the time.

I have the following:

1. Pair of beat up Scintillas. They were stored outside by previous owner, they will need full disassembly, cleaning, probably new wood just about everywhere. Crossovers, stands, terminal plates, everything included. Removable covers have warping from water damage. They used to smell like cigarette smoke as well but I've had them in my garage for over a year now and I think that is mostly gone. All ribbons damaged. They stand vertical and look good from afar ;)

2. Roll of wide kapton tape (this wasn't cheap. Sourced on eBay from international seller). 0.025mm x 500MM x 33meters Amber Polyimide Kapton Film With Adhesive Single Side

3. Roll of foil (from Grainger) : Aluminum Foil Roll: 1100, 18 in Overall Wd, 50 ft Roll Lg, 0.001 in Thick, Mill, Full Hard

4. Parts to build corrugation device per AVWERK. This was tough to source, got it from a 4x4 truck parts shop.

The rest is up to you. AVWERK has a great thread in the exotic speaker forum here you can try to follow along.

Asking $1,500 for everything. Must come collect. Just want to recoup my costs. If you're up for a fun project the sky is the limit here :)

Please do not do the following:
1. Send me a message to kick the tires.
2. Send me a message to ask about how to go about the project. This is a DIY effort, do your own research
3. Send me a message asking if they are available - I will update this post when they are gone.
4. No pictures - don't ask.

I feel for the price this is a win-win. Price is firm - cash only.