Anyone tweaked the Onyko DX7711 integra CD-player?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
>Does the digital coax output have upsampled
>192kHz digital ?

Don' t think so. Didn't find it in the specs. I have no way to experiment with this. There is a manula in podf form on the philips site.

>Allen Wright did mention something about using a
>simple R-C filtering for the DSD signal to recover
>audio - is this possible at all ?

As far as I know there is no SACD player available with a digital SACD out. So this is quite theoretical at the moment. DSD convertors tend to put rel. high levels off high frequency garbage. You probaly have to filter something.

gr Klaas

Onkyo DX 706

I have an Onkyo DX 706 with a few mods done,look in a previous post in this thread.

The clock is 16,9344 MHz.
There is nothing special about the clock,it´s just the regular crystal connected to a 7404.

The DX 708 has another clock and more advanced power supply,otherwise it is the same model.

The DAC SM 5861AP is probably a 18 bit DAC,at least it has 18 bit data in.You could check the digital filter and it´s settings is for 18 bit data out.

Nicke

Quote from another forum "Found a new neat feature on the 963!

The 963sa can output upsampled CD digital! You can set it to 192khz or 96khz and both the analog AND digital output will get upsampled.

If you have one of those TACT pre-amp who can support 192khz, then you get a free super upgrade!

For the rest, you can still set to 96khz and get upgraded sound quality from your AV reciever or DAC!"

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show...5126&perpage=20&highlight=963sa&pagenumber=14

gr Klaas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.