Anyone played around with this HA-5002 current buffer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have these very good sounding current buffers HA-5002-5 and the dc offset is a little too high for my liking on one channel (20mv) the other is (4mv) can anyone see a way of making a nulling circuit for the DC offset, seeing it has separate + & - rails for the input stage and separate again for the output stage of it's circuit?

http://www.intersil.com/data/fn/fn2921.pdf

Cheers George

I don't mean to ask a dumb question, but here goes: what are V1 and V2? Two separate rails for what? The datasheet is not forthcoming to me.

I used to use the LH0002 to buffer opamps, including them in the feedback loop. It worked pretty well and that took care of the offset. I'd think that with a unity gain stable opamp with reasonable-not-insane bandwidth, you could do it with this chip, too.

Save me a Goggle- what's the cost on these? Cheap (I hope)?

Hi SY, the link is working, it's a 800k PDF download, the HA-5002 is all by it's lonesome, there is no feedback to include it into, and the separate rails are for it.
If you see the PDF you will find a schematic of what's inside, about half way down, you see it's like a mini poweramp with separtate rails, input/driver have separate + - rails pins V1+ & V1- and the output stage also has separate + - rails V2+ & V2-

Cheers George

Attachments

• ha-5002  ..jpg
    ha-5002 ..jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 136
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.