Anyone got a spare CSS FR125S ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been running a pair of CSS FR125S in miniOnken cabinets for a few years now (see http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/157788-build-minionken.html#post2032389) driven by a Sure 50W Class D amp. The system has been on all the time as it is connected to the computer when not used for music.

Earlier this week there were some quiet but strange noises out of speakers with nothing playing and when I went to check them the phase plugs on both were too hot to touch. I can only assume the amp was oscillating at a frequency above normal hearing. There was no obvious DC level.

Unfortunately the voice coil of one of the speakers had gone open circuit but the other driver seems OK. David Dlugos has kindly advised me on the best replacement drivers for the cabinets as the FR125S are no longer available but before buying a pair of new drivers I though I'd ask if anyone had an old driver they were willing to part with.

Obviously I'm happy to pay a sensible price and the shipping costs (I'm UK based).

Please let me know if you can help

Thanks

Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.