Anyone bought occ wire from tzeng_albert (Albert Audio)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was looking for a cheap source of occ bare silver wire and (thought) I had found it on ebay from seller tzeng_albert who operates an online audio shop called Albert Audio. I ordered 100 meters of 28 awg occ bare silver wire, sent the money ($100US) by paypal, and waited, and waited....He couldn't provide proof of shipping so after close to three weeks I started a paypal dispute and he refunded my money without explanation...Has anyone ordered this wire from him and actually received it in the recent past? He has a good feedback rating on ebay but this poor transaction has me scratching my head....Seemed too cheap to be true.....

Anyone have another source for cheap occ silver bare wire?

I did, but from "music in life" shop, which I suppose are the same people (shop)
and it was AWG28 UPOCC SILVER Audio BARE WIRE 20M, shipped fast registered - with tracking number. The same method have both of shops "FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE by registered airmail." as stated under the items so I wonder you didn't get the track no. But you got your money back after all.
Try the other shop and order 10m of wire, try it and see if you like it. I made one interconnect with this wire in Teflon tube for CD-Preamp. and it's excellent ;)

After looking around I see that most bare 28 awg occ silver wire is at least $2 a foot. His was offered at about $1 per meter, or about $0.30 a foot. No way that is for real.....I also looked around and found several other complaints about him. Seems he also delivers fake stuff too so I wouldn't be surprised if the so-called "occ silver wire" he does ship is fake.

Appreciate the comments.

After looking around I see that most bare 28 awg occ silver wire is at least $2 a foot. His was offered at about $1 per meter, or about $0.30 a foot. No way that is for real.....I also looked around and found several other complaints about him. Seems he also delivers fake stuff too so I wouldn't be surprised if the so-called "occ silver wire" he does ship is fake.

Appreciate the comments.

This way you will never know.
For the money it is an excellent wire, and I would never accuse someone to sell fake goods without strong proof. If that would be the case there is "Report item" option on eBay.
cheers

This way you will never know.
For the money it is an excellent wire, and I would never accuse someone to sell fake goods without strong proof. If that would be the case there is "Report item" option on eBay.
cheers

I have already found reports of him shipping fake electrical components....

The price he is advertising the occ silver for seems to be less than the price of silver. That alone should make people very suspicious. I already gave him an order and he failed to ship. This seems to happen with regularity with him. I was, unlike others, lucky to get a refund. I won't be rolling the dice with him again....and would strongly encourage others to do their homework before sending him any money....

Hi all,

I did bought several time from Albert Tzeng last year, mostly solid silver cable and several audio capacitor.
As far as I experienced, he did great deal, ship fast, honest, and fast respond.
The upocc silver and copper cable he sell sounds great in my system.

Nothing's fake here, and nothing to do with that three years old post;

NOTE (from tzeng_albert eBay shop) : UP-OCC and PC-OCC use the same material and process developed by Dr.Atsumi Ohno. UP-OCC is manufactured in Taiwan by Wan Lung Electric Wire & Cable MEG who also the owner of NeoTech and manufacture Hi-End cables for US/European/Japan brands.

cables, Hi-Fi Cable for A/V system, high-end speaker cable, Super-VHS video cable, Scart cable, OCC pure copper cable and Pure silver cable-Taiwan.

I regularly get some of his "Mundorf Silver/Gold" wire from him (genuine?) and even tho I haven't directly compared it to the wire from Germany Mundorf site (crazy prices!), it sounds just fine to me, and never had any problems with the supplier either.

I read the "Shady Lane" old linked article and would like to know more about what went on and if this is the same person involved, and so on - I don't like to see accusations just left hanging in the air with no references, or supporting information

The "silver wire" he is selling may sound good, but is not UP-OCC as advertized.
Wan lung does not supply UP-OCC without insulation according to Marisa Yu.
Bare wire offered as UP-OCC is not what it is claimed to be.

Actally I found the same picture used in the ebay shop on a company website selling sterling (925) silver. This may be a coincidence, however, since I sometimes borrow pictures from other websites myself.

That being said, I have bought parts from him, and never had a problem. When I canceled a large order, he promptly refunded my payment.

Last edited:
I had a test done on some of this as I'm close to the largest Assay Office in Europe (Birmingham Assay Office - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and it comes out at 99.93 silver purity. It can't be the UPOCC wire as described then, but it is Pure or Fine silver and should be better for audio than standard copper, and it is still cheaper than 999/pure/fine silver wire

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I did, but from "music in life" shop, which I suppose are the same people (shop)
and it was AWG28 UPOCC SILVER Audio BARE WIRE 20M, ....
;)

Jadran, do you have any leftover of this wire, I need 3 meters. I so, please visit Audiofil - feel the sound - Hi-Fi Oglasnik and make an offer (there I am looking for ofc copper, but I need also silver). I am from Croatia. Thank you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.