Anybody know how to connect the DIR9001 with a TDA1541A in a non-os dac ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought I'd post on here because there is some very misleading information about I2S. When using I2S the receiver (in this case the TDA1541A) does not care how many bits the data it receives. It will simply ignore any bits that are outside the resolution it handles (the TDA1541A would ignore the eight least significant bit of data sent to it by the DIR9001).

Because the bit depth that the DIR9001 outputs in the I2S format is not critical it only offers one bit depth; the maximum it can supply. This is the same for most I2S sources.

There is no problem connecting the TDA1541A to the DIR9001.

Because the bit depth that the DIR9001 outputs in the I2S format is not critical it only offers one bit depth; the maximum it can supply. This is the same for most I2S sources.

Hello

"it only offers one bit depth" ?

Can you explain about that ?

Btw, is it worth it to upgrade that dac by using the WM8804 who seem better than the DIR9001 ?

I've read the WM8804 data sheet but there few things in the setting for 16 bit I2S format in hardware mode that I'm not sure.

Thank you

Bye

Gaetan

Last edited:
It only offers to output I2S format with a bit depth of 24 bits.

I'm not sure if it's worth upgrading a DIR9001 to a WM8804. I've heard good things about both. The only thing I'd recommend is the keep in mind what options each offers in hardware mode. A lot of these new devices offer a billion options, but when you read the datasheet most of them are inaccessible unless you're using a microcontroller.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.