Any suggestions on setting up a dedicated electronics work area at home ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've had a couple "curbside" kitchen tables in the basement for years. I stack the test equipment at the back, and work at the front. It just wasn't enough space, so I've got a carpenter building me a new workbench that will go the full length of the room, and will be deep enough to stack even the older very deep HP stuff, and still have room for projects in the front. I figure a combination of a super workbench, floor to ceiling bookshelves, and several of those large rolling wire storage racks, will finally get things under control. Pay attention to the other suggestions on ESD mats and grounding, a Variac, and build sturdy enough to hold up a small elephant. It doesn't take much older test equipment to add up to hundreds of pounds, not to mention that the tube equipment itself will add lots more. If you can make the space, dedicate specific areas for different tasks- in my case general construction and testing, metrology and calibration, then a place for all my ancient bridges and component test stuff. If you use a computer, make a place for that as well- mine will be tied to various pieces of test equipment via GPIB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.