• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Any pretty good/bad Chinese amps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had the GemTune GS-02 . I wasn't expecting a lot from a china 13wpc amp. I got it to replace my aging Fisher receiver I use for tunes out in my workshop. (Nothing critical here) .
I've got a set of bose 301's out there that were given to me free. I hooked it up and was very surprised at how good it sounded. My tube Mesa 20 watt guitar amps are VERY loud for 22 watts, and at 13 wpc, this hifi amp was no exception. The highs and mids on the Gemtune were very detailed and easier to listen to than my ss receivers, very sweet sounding, and with stock tubes. I can't say much about the bass, these 301's are not big thumpers to begin with, but the GS-02 sounded as good as anything else I've had hooked to them. It's a nice amp for medium volume listening. With the volume at the 12 o'clock position, you'd have to raise your voice to have a conversation. Only complaint was the connector that the power cord plugged into seemed to not grab the cord very tight. I no longer have that amp, but it's a nice rig if looking to try a tube amp and not spend a lot. If need to really rock a big party, probably look at the next step up, 4xKT88 ...4 6L6 ...4 EL34 .
Just realized ...old thread ...haha

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.