Any point building a TDA1541A dac?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, Just curious what do you blog about?

Best see for yourself - diyAudio - abraxalito

4 boards for $35... are they just populated with a low end ARM mcu and basic IO with usb ISP? What brand?

Its in Chinese but the pictures tell the story :

ËÄ×êÐÅÓþ Z111xP×îÐÂARM Cortex-M0ÄÚºËLPC1114ºËÐÄÄ£¿é/¿ª·¢°å-ÌÔ±¦Íø

You know you could start a small cottage industry by offering mcu controlled
soft start sequencing for tube amps but the challenge would be the high voltage relays coming in after the heaters.

Well its a good idea, just I don't have a fire in my belly in regard to tubes. I hope someone will do that - perhaps they'll use one of these dev boards :)

Plus monitoring of bias voltage and
current with adjustment which would entail a minimum 2 line LCD backlighted of course.

Oh I have more ambitious dreams as regards displays with these babies. Stay tuned - there's a guy already doing some great stuff. I'll find the URL of his blog for you if you're interested.

It would look cool and just before the start a personal graphic signature of the amp owner's name or moniker would appear for some seconds plus overload protection or maybe optional just like the one an engineer friend made for his amp.:D

You're talking fully fledged splash screen here, not 2 line LCD :D Sounds great, I'll bear it in mind.

Posted by abraxalito
You're talking fully fledged splash screen here, not 2 line LCD Sounds great, I'll bear it in mind.

It was done with a 2 line LCD but the name in chinese character approximation in dot matrix of course you can used a full fledge graphic
display but the steep learning curve and reliability would deter some best to stick with something easy and proven.

Saw your blog ,pretty diverse topics and like the 100mhz. scope you have.:)

I guess the chinese ARM mcu offerings would entail a learning curve of sorts.:D

It was done with a 2 line LCD but the name in chinese character approximation in dot matrix of course you can used a full fledge graphic display but the steep learning curve and reliability would deter some best to stick with something easy and proven.

Sure - the guy I mentioned looks to have done much of the heavy lifting. I believe he works for Microsoft and has a fair bit of programming experience.:D However he shares freely so its to all our benefits.

Saw your blog ,pretty diverse topics and like the 100mhz. scope you have.:)

I guess the chinese ARM mcu offerings would entail a learning curve of sorts.:D

Well I'm choosing ARM because it means the learning curve is an investment for a long and fruitful relationship with an architecture. So its enjoyable - the datasheets are in English as well as Chinese ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.