• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Any good Output Transformers from China?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I really dislike that China gets such a bad reputation,
there are really good designers of most things in China, but there is also a very wide range of choice. and also design quality, you truely get what you pay for.
e.g. you can buy a iphone charger for $0.50 or $15 but don't expect the $0.50 version to be reliable or even very safe.
in the west we can only buy the $15 version, the choice is taken away.
it happens that many people in China are happy to buy cheap and they don't expect things to last, it's still reasonable value, depending on your expectation,

if i forgot my charger in the UK, and i need to use one for a single day $15 is not good value, whereas if i had the choice of a $2 model that was not long lasting, that would be better value in this instance.

back to audio....
one of the benefits in china is that labor is cheaper, overheads are low, and most sub suppliers are located very close together.
this means you can get great value parts, (transformers, heatsinks everything) but you need to be careful not to buy the cheap rubbish, and of course someone will always try to sell of the cheap rubbish at a premium price. this happens in every country,

one last point to think about:
most western brands (in audio and every other industry) sell goods that are usually built in China, and often designed in China, but everybody thinks the quality comes from the German/US brand name,
if the quality is bad, then no western brand will apply their brand, hence the only Chinese branded goods we see are poor quality,
the good quality items get a western brand applied and a healthy price increase!
this is starting to change e.g. Xiaomi and Lenovo, but takes time...

Another suggestion: As a source of OPT, this kit has 2 small trafos, size approx 3x4x5 cm. Well, the price is a bit high when you only need the OPTs.
HIFI stereo 2.0 Channel power amplifier board tube 6F3 single ended Class A diy kit-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
I bought that kit, built it but still haven't made the final installment ...:rolleyes:
But, yes it is a good idea to use as a source for transformers. OR why not mail the company and try to make a deal.:cool:

Raphaelite transformers!

Good afternoon from Greece! I see on ebay transformers,power and audio,single ended and push pull from this brand. The prices are really good,and the build quality looks like very good! Any one use these irons? I like the build quality,its looks the same as james transformers,but the prices lower! Also i see on ebay tube amplifiers from this company,looks very good,much better from other chinese brands,and not so cheap! Thanks !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.