Any better midrange or ribbon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A modified version of the SS you are refering to is used in the Totem Hawk I think. The sound of it is not very detailed, but it is a bit warm with acceptable bass, being an all around performer in a small but expensive package. It seems that I prefer the glistening surface Revelators over the non-glistening. I have heard the 7" Revelator in Wilson Audio Sophia and I wasn't really intrested.
Also Seas Excel W11CY-001 is used in the ProAc Tablette Reference 8 Signature (haven't heard it) with good results, but don't expect it to be as detailed or as less-destorted in comparison to the magnesium Excels.

I wasn't really intrested in Revelator 7" as the whole loudspeaker didn't grab me in the music, as I would like. It sounded very detailed, (not in the Excels level) but without a bit of lushness that I would like. They weren't very musical in my opinion. I have told you that i haven't heard the paper Excels, and that I found the Revelator 5" (glistening surface) woofer very musical amd quite detailed with a bit of warmness that I also like. It is all in our opinions please make your own conclusions hearing some loudspeakers!

Attachments

• w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 366
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.