• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Another TDA1541A Group buy...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
nonsence rumours...

Just search through this or other audio forums, and you' ll see that they' re not "nonsense rumours". Of course, there' s also original ones on the market, but I suspect it' s the minority...

After all, a die stamp is quite cheap and the hype about the "crowned" chip is big enough to stimulate the appetite of dishonest sellers...

Cheers,

Bruno

Let' s keep it rolling...

Hi all,

ok, I decided to take the risk and ordered anyway 100 pcs., in the hope somebody else will join in the next days...:xeye:

As soon as I will have the order confirmation, I will start pestering all of you who expressed an interest so far.:smash: :smash: :smash:

Today or tomorrow you will all receive an e-mail with payment details, I kindly ask you all to answer this e-mail with your shipping details.

Cheers,

Bruno

Hi all,

wheeeew!!! Well, first of all I' m sorry for not coming back to you all before, but I suddenly had to go abroad on a business trip, and I couldn' t access properly the net...:(

So, the situation is as follows:
I have the order confirmation, the price comes out at 6,15 EUR/pc.; the other piece of news (good or bad, I do not really know...) is that, due to the fact that I placed the order a bit late, not all of the TDAs have the same date code as stated (96), as my source already sold many of them; a big part of these TDAs (around 70%) have a '97' date code. I do not think it makes any difference, but I wanted to be completely fair. So, if anyone of you thinks he does not want these parts any more because of the different date code, he is free to withdraw from this group buy, but I need to know it until Monday, 4th October, 8.00 am. This is my deadline for confirming definitely the order (I put the order 'on hold' because of this issue...). Past this deadline, the ones who havent' t explicitely withdrawn (here on the thread or per e-mail), will receive an e-mail with payment instructions from me. If I will receive many withdrawals, I will be obliged to cancel the group buy (please do not consider this as blackmailing, it' s just that I do not want to have 80 TDAs lying around...).

Cheers,

Bruno

TDA1541A

till said:
whats the correlation of date code and quality?

Hi Guy's,

AFAIC not a thing!!!
I've listend to both chips new and older than 96 and the sound was 100% identical.

So I wouldn't hesitate in buying them afterall, and for a few Cents more, you'll still have chips for a great price :D

Just my 2 cents ;)

Audiofanatic ;)

P.S. Maybe the older types are diferent, Jean-Paul knows everything about the TDA1541A and S1 &S2!

Re: TDA1541A

Audiofanatic said:

Hi Guy's,

AFAIC not a thing!!!
I've listend to both chips new and older than 96 and the sound was 100% identical.

So I wouldn't hesitate in buying them afterall, and for a few Cents more, you'll still have chips for a great price :D

Just my 2 cents ;)

Audiofanatic ;)

P.S. Maybe the older types are diferent, Jean-Paul knows everything about the TDA1541A and S1 &S2!
Hi, What's all this hype for this obsolete chip again? ;)
It sounds like inserting a 10mH coil in series with the squawker of my Klipschorn. Yes not agressive but no bite at all.
:clown:

Re: Re: TDA1541A

Elso Kwak said:

Hi, What's all this hype for this obsolete chip again? ;)
It sounds like inserting a 10mH coil in series with the squawker of my Klipschorn. Yes not agressive but no bite at all.
:clown:

Hi Elso,

How nice to hear from you ;)
IIRC, this is not your preferd DAC, but with a tube folowing it, it sounds really pleasant.

All the best.

Audiofanatic ;)

Hi all,

Till wrote:
whats the correlation of date code and quality?

AFAIK, there' s no difference at all. Being both 'A' chips, they should anyway have the same characteristics.

Elso Kwak wrote:
Hi, What's all this hype for this obsolete chip again?

Elso, I respect your opinion, but this thread is NOT about "TDA1541 vs. other chips". Your post sounds OT to me...

Cheers,

Bruno

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.