Another score at the thrift store

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
pawn shop deals

I bought a pair of very good condition OHM speakers in San Antonio for $200. Nice cabinets. Not the F model, one of the thinner tower jobs. Cannot recall the model, but there were still drivers and trade-ins for it as of 2 years ago. They are still sitting in my friends garage waiting to be used.

dumpster diving.. Dell 1710n Laser

Richard Ellis said:
Isn't amazing what people will throw out!!....They assume if it doesn't look like "Todays" driver ..(Ugly cast frames, big,weird looking cone)..it isn't worth anything!
Just look at the ol' Acoustic research A2X? drivers..."they" would think it was physically broken...how about an Advent 'fried egg' tweeter??
__________________________________Rick.............

It truly is amazing.... why, just yesterday, I was tossing our latest day's office trash, and stumbled upon one of these in the dumpster

24834_g1.jpg

appears to be brand new...
... had all of 56 pages printed on it, was loaded with paper, and fired right up...

a $300 laser printer for the effort... may have been a complete computer system in there as well, but the truck was coming and I didn't have time to dig... :D

Sorry for the OT, but one wonders what they replaced it with???
John L.

Foster roadkill

on the back:
AL
Foater
C100L34A9010
‘made in Japan’
1164e

Speca
Fs = 76.52 Hz
Re = 7.10 ohms[dc]
Le = 832.40 uH
Qt = 0.44
Qes = 0.50
Qms = 3.79
Vas = 3.75 liters
Sd= 44.18 cm^2
Lp(2.83V/1m) = 87.75 dB

Pic (this might take a while, ******kids exceeded our dowwnload limit)

Attachments

• foster front s.jpg
    foster front s.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 96
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.