Another Pass "reproduction" on Ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tankyou you such a darling.

Well going to report to eBay tomorow (on work puter at present)

If this charley dude don't understand why we get upset there is no helping.

Next time I am in perth I am going to hammer in a nidle on his aerial cable and see how good engineer he is

If you are near there you may want to do the same...

Last edited:
its still out there. he has a e-bay store with this thing listed. now at 1200AUD. it goes up and up and up. listed 5pc available.

He's sez he only builds his F5 amps to "friends" who request them.

Interesting, that he has to use eBay to communicate with his friends.

(I guess you become his friend once you contact him via eBay, tell him you want to buy an amp--and pay him the $1,200 AUD)

I can't seem to get the math right, on this argument. If Mr. Pass and First Watt market the F5 for $3,000.....what would compel him to a participate in a "mutual commerical opportunity" by lending his name and credibility to a poorly-fabricated clone/rip-off/reproduction/cheap copy, to get a small portion of a $1,000 sale?

Antoinel.....please let me know if you are available to do my 2013 Federal Income Tax return for me........ :D

My head hurts. Onto other threads, and other "engineering" discussions.
My point is for Charly1 to discuss with Mr. Pass; if that is possible. I hate tax preparation.

In Australia technician or Engineer charge 100AUD per hour for normal service. I spend more than 12 hours to make one amp plus Parts . Hope u learn mathematic in grade 3 calculate the profit and gain. talk some thing use full man?????

An engineer asking these questions?

He even said in 2012 he'd "start making units for customers":

F5 Bias Problem

Gents ,

I am just writing after experience of burning couple of fets and 47ohm resistor and .47ohms too.

Ok now I made 4 amplifiers all work great.
Follow this steps even I am not a Guru share what I learn.
Use 3.3K resistors instead 2.2K.

take two multimeter or 3. I am using 3 separate volt meters since I start making units for customers.
1 to check the voltage on speaker output. ( this is center 0 Voltmeter)
2 check the voltage across 2X .47ohms resistors.
Turn the Variable resistor voltage to 0.
be patient. turn the power on. Slowly start the VR1 and VR2 to rotate slowly by keep eye on all meters. ultimately u reach resistor voltage .6V and almost 0V on speakers.

Yes now you have done. :cool:
Even my problem is similar. U use cilvier F5 board and Jims 2 power boards for each channel. When there is no input its great no noise at all ver clean. As soon as connect CD player or preamp it start humm. Any practical experience on this and solution?
Melon. U refresh my brain. I made two amplifiers one raw allumium RCA ground was touching the ground it does not make the noise. Seems you give a vauluble point m second amplifiers I use proper box from Modushop. I think that RCA is not touchning the chasis. tmrw I will check that point. Highy appriciate ur feedback.

F5 power amplifier

Hi Gents any body used this board for two transformer 2 bridge configuration? I think we need to cut the center to seperet them:mad:

F5 China Power Supply?

Thanks Ramallo for the information I bought the Jims kits after ur msg.
Further to A wayne. I have put my negative on ebay before your advice. My intention was to give this information to other members to lost money on crap. Even me I bought the kits from hime without knowing. There are good place to buy and there are worse place to avoide. I would think its a responcibility as a member to share bad experience as well as good.

HI Gents I need bit a help I bought he F5 cascade version of PCB from DIY store. I need the cct diagram due to upgrade I ca not go to store now... Can any body help pls...:confused:

Right Here I am RFWA1 My DIY membership Charly1 Answer to all.

Ah to other idiot who use word Rip-off. In Australia technician or Engineer charge 100AUD per hour for normal service. I spend more than 12 hours to make one amp plus Parts . Hope u learn mathematic in grade 3 calculate the profit and gain. talk some thing use full man?????

Do you welcome inspection at Westminster to check out one of your amps?

Last edited:
eBay response???.......

So much for "third party" involvement in this one. I've received a series of canned "form letter" responses from eBay on this issue. Here's the last one:

-----------------------
Hello,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to wanting to report items that you believe are in violation of a rights owner's intellectual property.

When VeRO participants ask to have a listing removed, they are required to sign a legal document stating that they own the rights to the copyright or trademark used in the listing, and that the items infringe on their rights. Without this legal document we are not able to remove the listings in question.

If you believe that an item may be infringing on the intellectual property rights of a company, we encourage you to contact the rights owner directly and inform them of the possible infringement. Rights owners can have infringing listings removed through the eBay Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program.

You'll find a list of several rights owners and contact information, as well as information about infringing items, in the VeRO Program About Me pages. To view the list, please go to:

eBay: VeRO

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for your concern in helping to keep eBay a safe and reputable forum in which to conduct business.

Sincerely,
Jim B.
eBay VeRO Team

--------------------------------------
In short, eBay is saying they can't help the concerned customer (in our case, the concerned genuine DIY'er). Any concerns must come from the person or company feeling the encroachment.

Great support, eBay.....!!!

Fake Pass Amps

I did a search for Fake Pass Amps and this thread came up several times. Good! anyone thinking of shelling out that kind of money and doing their due diligence will come across this thread.
I titled this post Fake Pass Amps because the search engines will put this thread at the top when people search for Reproduction/Fake Pass Amps :devily:

So much for "third party" involvement in this one. I've received a series of canned "form letter" responses from eBay on this issue. Here's the last one:

-----------------------
Hello,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to wanting to report items that you believe are in violation of a rights owner's intellectual property.

When VeRO participants ask to have a listing removed, they are required to sign a legal document stating that they own the rights to the copyright or trademark used in the listing, and that the items infringe on their rights. Without this legal document we are not able to remove the listings in question.

If you believe that an item may be infringing on the intellectual property rights of a company, we encourage you to contact the rights owner directly and inform them of the possible infringement. Rights owners can have infringing listings removed through the eBay Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program.

You'll find a list of several rights owners and contact information, as well as information about infringing items, in the VeRO Program About Me pages. To view the list, please go to:

eBay: VeRO

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for your concern in helping to keep eBay a safe and reputable forum in which to conduct business.

Sincerely,
Jim B.
eBay VeRO Team

--------------------------------------
In short, eBay is saying they can't help the concerned customer (in our case, the concerned genuine DIY'er). Any concerns must come from the person or company feeling the encroachment.

Great support, eBay.....!!!

lets hope papa contacts e-bay regarding this case:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.