Another Lab12 Subwoofer, looking for some experience!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
GM, I'm surprised by those numbers! Like I said I have two TH12 tapped horns, two THAM 15 tapped horns, and I'm not entirely sure I've ever pushed them to 125dB having a good ol' house party!

Yeah, movie and some music video's LFE transients are quite high, but normal playback is 85 dB or what has been the average for cinema since at least the late '40s IIRC [assume other countries were/are the same] and about what a piano bar's average is, so only with the advent of early special effects RTR tapes and movie LFE channel that woofers had to hit these high SPL transients.

Decades ago, I attended a Deep Purple concert at Atlanta's Fox Theater, which had an alleged measured 140 dB peak in their finale. For sure it was so loud that I'd already retreated to the reasonably well isolated vestibule due to it being way too loud for most of the concert and right before this peak that even being in another room didn't damp that much.

I was used to 'loud' back then, but this was too much, right up there with the Army's huge 500 lb TNT bomb simulator air horn system.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.