Another jfet buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Thanks for your reply,
I intend to use the modified diagram 2 with toshiba 2Sk170/2SJ74 fets, which can be found on ebay by the way.

expect some of them to be fakes

do not say this was my idea :D but if there would be enough to take the chance with buying a whole box, and someone would be willing to do the hard work and test them, well.....

ups, wrong subject :headbash:

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Gentlemen, you could build this buffer with common and cheap 2n5459 and 2n5462 and still get pretty good performance. Its hard to hear a difference compaired to the toshibas although THD will be higher as well as noise but at 100 db down levels you cant hear it. Jlh built these buffers with this pair and I have used them a couple of times too. The other mentioned toshiba pair 103/246 is also a good alternative but agin THD increase because of their lower gm.

sorry to bring up a dead thread but what would be the current draw of the modded version?

i built one with same resistor values using K246/J103 and um... 2sa1268/c3200 (970/2240 sub) powered by salas shunt and not only does it oscillate but it the shunt doesn't even go active, only red leds coming on with under voltage.
i've noticed the same thing happening the salas shunt in the past when i tried to draw too much current.

and could those generic bjts work?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.