Another four years of George?

Status
Not open for further replies.
audio-kraut said:

In cas you did not read my posting completely - I do not consider - and I am definetely not alone - chemical and biological waepons due to their unreliability and difficulties concerning deliver NOT waepons of mass destruction. Their is only one WMD - nuclear.
Juts for clarification.

Thanks for the clarification. The famous quote from Lewis Carroll's Humpty Dumpty comes to mind.

War (Blowing stuff up) is expensive !

Wrong - not blowing up stuff - which is quite incidental - killing people and preferably civilians as it has become the main focus in war ever since ww 2. Your attitude to war has been shaped by never as a people having suffered the horrors of war except once in your own country.

I still remember growing up among the ruins in frankfurt and every family that i know having lost at least one member.

This not knowing what war means in ones own country makes americans very callous in their attitude to those who have to suffer under their violence - and nobody had asked you to invade non agressor (of agression he was quite incapable at the time) - but it is convinient to now have the doctrine of preventive war to allow under the slightest pretenses the attack of any non friendly state - and to hell with civilian consequences.

BTW - since you were apparently - despite your vast interests - not familiar with the article (one of many):

http://www.iht.com/articles/2004/10/29/news/toll.html

audio-kraut said:
Wrong - not blowing up stuff - which is quite incidental - killing people and preferably civilians as it has become the main focus in war ever since ww 2. Your attitude to war has been shaped by never as a people having suffered the horrors of war except once in your own country.

Wrong, if we wanted to kill people then why have troops on the ground at all, just kill everyone from the air, after all we are quite capable. In fact just carpet bomb Falluja and other trouble cities and be done with it. You and rfbrw should check your hate at the door before you make ridiculous inflammatory statements like this, I’m getting pretty tired of reading about how we Americans are all murders.

You have serious problem understanding who is all about killing civilians, and the BS estimate of 100,000 or more civilian deaths backed up by more BS biased useless internet and news articles is beyond unrealistic. Most civilian deaths are caused by insurgent (non-Iraqis) that just hate America and look for any reason to kill in the name of their plight. However, you and rfbrw fail to recognize this because you too eat up with hate, the very same hate that makes the Terrorist think they are doing the right thing. It’s your ilk that encompass the whole worlds problems, so self righteous angry that you have closed the door on any rational thought.

You see it’s Terrorists that strap bombs to them selves and wander into malls and open markets or any densely populated area and murder as many as they can in one shot, not Americans. You seem very confused.

Here is a little exercise to help some of you guys with your hate issues, just look at yourself with the same credulity for a moment and maybe you can learn to focus on your own shortcomings instead of issues well above your apparent means.

BTW you missed the key word in the article that invalidates the whole intended meaning as you took it, and I’m not surprised due to you extreme dislike for Americans. The word, Indirectly. Once you insert “indirectly” in to that estimate and fail to recognize that that insurgents are purposely killing civilians to add to the body count and stir more hatred toward Americans the truth gets lost and lies prevail. Those who have an agenda and hatred in their heart will always read these numbers and blame the focus of their hatred.

Those people have been mass murdering each other for thousands of years with an occasional break, do you really think any kind of resolution will be without casualties? Do you really think America is just there to kill people and take oil? Are you and rfbrw and ilk even interested in understanding or conversing to further your understanding? Or are you just here to enlighten us evil Americans to what we are doing wrong. Are you really that smart and so exclusive as to understand all the worlds problems and be able to sum them up so neatly as strictly Americas fault?

Tall Shadow said:

a lot of hot air snipped

Tall Shadow

As ever you miss the point and it is this. That you and your ilk choose to do things one way does not mean all those those who don't are wrong.

Tall Shadow said:

War (Blowing stuff up) is expensive !

Tall Shadow

Not a bad thing if you are a political party with arms manufacturers for contributors, have shares in arms manufacturers or have constituents who work for arms manufacturers.

kingdaddy said:

Wrong, if we wanted to kill people then why have troops on the ground at all, just kill everyone from the air, after all we are quite capable. In fact just carpet bomb Falluja and other trouble cities and be done with it. You and rfbrw should check your hate at the door before you make ridiculous inflammatory statements like this, I’m getting pretty tired of reading about how we Americans are all murders.

I don't know how I got roped into this and, more to the point, I don't even know what I am alledged to have written but since I'm here...

You have serious problem understanding who is all about killing civilians, and the BS estimate of 100,000 or more civilian deaths backed up by more BS biased useless internet and news articles is beyond unrealistic. Most civilian deaths are caused by insurgent (non-Iraqis) that just hate America and look for any reason to kill in the name of their plight. However, you and rfbrw fail to recognize this because you too eat up with hate, the very same hate that makes the Terrorist think they are doing the right thing. It’s your ilk that encompass the whole worlds problems, so self righteous angry that you have closed the door on any rational thought.

You see it’s Terrorists that strap bombs to them selves and wander into malls and open markets or any densely populated area and murder as many as they can in one shot, not Americans. You seem very confused.

Here is a little exercise to help some of you guys with your hate issues, just look at yourself with the same credulity for a moment and maybe you can learn to focus on your own shortcomings instead of issues well above your apparent means.

BTW you missed the key word in the article that invalidates the whole intended meaning as you took it, and I’m not surprised due to you extreme dislike for Americans. The word, Indirectly. Once you insert “indirectly” in to that estimate and fail to recognize that that insurgents are purposely killing civilians to add to the body count and stir more hatred toward Americans the truth gets lost and lies prevail. Those who have an agenda and hatred in their heart will always read these numbers and blame the focus of their hatred.

Oh dear, the usual whine again "Everyone hates us boo hoo hoo". :bawling::bawling::bawling:".
First, if one were to invade my country even though it posed no threat to the invaders, appropriated our oil resources to fund said invasion and then set about trying to auction what was left of the country's infracture, I might be a little put out.
ITS SIMPLE. YOU INVADED SOMEONE ELSE'S COUNTRY. IT TENDS TO **** PEOPLE OFF.
Like it or not every country has the right to self defence and the installation of a puppet government does not alter that. Iraqis that don't see any benefit to your presence have every right to fight back despite the stooges, in the same way the installation of the Quisling and Vichy governments did not invalidate the right of the Norwegians and the French to fight back.
As to the tactics of the insurgents. They are no doubt unpleasant but frankly I don't which one of you is worse, they who set out to kill civilians or you who simply don't care. Consider the attacks on the supposed locations the top members of the Iraqi regime. Not one of the top men was killed by those attacks but those locations were occupied by someone and the fact that you clearly did not have a clue didn't stop you attacking. Consider the restuarant were Saddam was supposed to be dining or the building in Basra alledgedly occupied by Ali Hassan Al-Majid. Now I saw these two characters on TV the other night and they looked pretty lively for a pair of dead men and as to the poor sods who went up with the restuarant in Baghdad and the building in Basra, well thats just too bad. Then there is one of your many attempts to kill Bin Laden where a spokesperson had the nerve to attempt to justify the attack by saying that one the the chaps they killed was clearly taller than the others, appeared to be directing them and was wearing 'Arab dress'. What kind of mindset kills on such a flimsy basis? Not to mention the consistent use of helicopter and AC130 gunships in the built up areas of Mogadishu.
Do I think you set out to kill civilians? No. But I do think you are indifferent to their plight or presence.

Those people have been mass murdering each other for thousands of years with an occasional break,

That's rich coming the the land of Wounded Knee and Bunker Hill
Timothy McVeigh and the Unabomber,Manson, Bundy, Gacy, The Boston Strangler, Columbine,The Washington Sniper not to mention giving the term Postal a whole new meaning. What is the prison population and the murder rate again? Mass murder is just one of the many things we can all lay claim to.

do you really think any kind of resolution will be without casualties? Do you really think America is just there to kill people and take oil? Are you and rfbrw and ilk even interested in understanding or conversing to further your understanding? Or are you just here to enlighten us evil Americans to what we are doing wrong. Are you really that smart and so exclusive as to understand all the worlds problems and be able to sum them up so neatly as strictly Americas fault?

Can't speak for Messrs You and Ilk but understanding what exactly? That you have a simple-minded view of the world or that we should all kow-tow to your whims?
BTW. I don't hate you or your sort. You just aren't worth that much effort. But I do have hard time, actually side-splitting time, with idea of your sort putting the world right.

rfbrw said:

Oh dear, the usual whine again "Everyone hates us boo hoo hoo". ".

I think you misunderstood my attitude, it was more disgust for your mindless hatred and lack of respect then anything else.

And don’t mistake this for me just singled you out, your just one in the small group of haters who seem to have no interest in actually discussing anything with a desire to understand.

Now that I think about it, it’s actually you who seem to be whining, you and others seem to be here only to voice your anger and hatred, which technically is whining.

Either way, you don’t hurt my feelings one bit, but I'm gonna call you on it.

kingdaddy said:

I think you misunderstood my attitude, it was more disgust for your mindless hatred and lack of respect then anything else.

And don’t mistake this for me just singled you out, your just one in the small group of haters who seem to have no interest in actually discussing anything with a desire to understand.

Now that I think about it, it’s actually you who seem to be whining, you and others seem to be here only to voice your anger and hatred, which technically is whining.

Either way, you don’t hurt my feelings one bit, but I'm gonna call you on it.

Thats the way to do it. Just keep deluding yourself that the US can do no wrong and has an angelic presence all over the planet and anyone disagrees with you must hate you.

rfbrw said:

Thats the way to do it. Just keep deluding yourself that the US can do no wrong and has an angelic presence all over the planet and anyone disagrees with you must hate you.

Don’t think you can find one word in any post I have written that would even remotely suggest that I think the US could do no wrong, the fact that you are so sure of this only further proves to me that every word you write is laced with extreme bias.

Also,I can go back to any of your posts regarding anything to do with America and read nothing but bad intent never even a hint of compromise. Go ahead and give it a try, read my posts and try to find where I suggest that America can do no wrong, and then read yours and try and find any hint of respect or attempt to understand a different (American) point of view.

I'll wait..

Status
Not open for further replies.