Another Finished LM4780 GC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Guys,

I just finished putting the GC together. Sounds great, lots of power (about 100 watts per channel). However, it's humming (in more ways than one). It's dead quiet when turned on, with the speakers connected. When I connect a source to the RCA jacks, such as a CD player, I get a low hum through both speakers. Disconnect one channel (either left or right) from the RCA jacks, and the hum stops. It only hums when both channels are connected. Any idea why? Thanks.

Hong

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Good looking amp ! Is it bridged or paralleled ?

Maybe the grounding should be done this way : put the RCA ground on the chip's ground pin, ground everything that is related to small signals (feedback, input resistor...) on this pin, then link this pin to the PSU ground. I may also suggest using a 3ohms resistor to connect the case to the ground, instead of directly.

Hope it helps :)

I have seen the attached GC grounding diagram. May be this will help?

Attachments

• gc boards1 grounding scheme.jpg
    gc boards1 grounding scheme.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 807
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.