• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Anodized Aluminum and Glue/Epoxy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes.... I saw that too. Very interesting. I'm guessing that you need to put the bumps on both surfaces so that they mate just like the 3M version of velcro (same mushroom shape, no hook, no loop).

But, who has access to the high powered electron gun. I can just see it now... DIY electron surfacing gun. Step 1: soup up you old CRT. Step 2. Borrow power from local nuclear reactor. Note: MRI power sources may also be converted....

For now, tape will do.

:)ensen.

pinkmouse said:
Just reading about this in New Scientist. A bit too high tech for this application, but very interesting none the less.

Not so sure about double sided tape. In the mid '90's I designed a processor board that required a heatsink on the 32 bit Intel i960 processor for the pure convective environment. A technician insisted on using double sided adhesive squares that the manufacturer claimed was good for such things. It wasn't too long before we were getting units returned from our customers with the heatsink banging around loose on the high density surface mount circuit boards.

thoriated said:
Not so sure about double sided tape. In the mid '90's I designed a processor board that required a heatsink on the 32 bit Intel i960 processor for the pure convective environment. A technician insisted on using double sided adhesive squares that the manufacturer claimed was good for such things. It wasn't too long before we were getting units returned from our customers with the heatsink banging around loose on the high density surface mount circuit boards.

I hope it wasn't this stuff:

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/..._0/command_LongDescOutlinkHandler/output_html

:)ensen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.