AndrewT R.I.P.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
There are many generous characters here at diyAudio. Those who take the time to enlighten, correct and make suggestions to others struggling with the theory and application of audio electronics, deserve special thanks. They make the learning curve for non-technical folk so much easier to follow and yes, we'll miss Andrew sorely.

I understood that he had been a school teacher as well as a civil engineer and it did seem that a teaching role here fell naturally to him. As our most prolific poster, no one could say that he didn't make every effort to be on deck and assist or contribute to a thread wherever he felt he could. Indeed, some members may have read his posts as hostile but had Andrew sat back and only discussed his interests, some here now would have either looked elsewhere for help or struggled with their projects, confused by too many opinions.

I am the same age as Andrew so I'm moved to say thank you brother, your work is complete. Thank you for your years of dedication to sharing the knowledge and inspiration to do it right as we continue on this wonderful audio journey. Rest in peace.

This just shocks me to the bone !
He was always posting way more than just about anybody here and always interesting although sometimes contrasting his views severely and at times very humble and quiet when he needed to be.

Will miss his postings and the personality he displayed to everyone..,

It was a pleasure to have known him here at Diyaudio !!!

Until we meet again in the future my condolences to his family and friends

Regards
David