• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

André Charlin anybody got his Tube Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No detailed documentation has yet been found about the tube equipment manufactured by André Charlin before aproximatly 1968. The models we know of are:

* A 2 x 9W power amplifier with ECL 82 push-pull
(schematic (not ready yet))
* A 2 x 20W power amplifier with EL34 push-pull
* A 2 x 40W power amplifier with EL34 push-pull of similar architecture
(not ready yet)

Anybody know more of this Charlin ?
Anybody ever been owner of an amplifier by him ?

IMGCOA3.jpg

EL34 Chardin Amplifier

HI , André Charlin was a well known sound ingeneer of the former ORTF in France . He was one the developper of the stereo 17cm ./ twin cardio / artificial head recording system. A friend of mine knew him as he was alive : He died having lost his earing system :xeye:

Hi ,
The Charlin amplifier shown on the picture is mine ;Sorry to appear so lately as I rarely cast an eye on this forum.Actually,I own 3 pairs of Columns Charlin(120-122-160) , the EL34 amplifier(2x20W),2 monoamplifiers dated 1957-58 with the separate preamplifiers and pre-RIAA.All of these components have been refurbished by myself and my experience growing,I do the same for other lovers of these original realizations.At each restoration,I carefully write down the schematics in order to complete the Svalander site which at the moment is still in hibernation but should be updated in the future.
Sorry for my bad english as i am frogg- eaterhttp://www.diyaudio.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

best regards
Michel

Attachments

• 21-Les colonnes en situation.JPG
    21-Les colonnes en situation.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 356
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.