And what did we buy today?

Hey Cal, I would agree with Pano, nice score!

I picked up a pair of Design Acoustics PS-8's, needing refoam on the woofers, for $12 at a local thrift/junk store.
Got three Vifa car speakers from ebay the other day, around $15 for the three, shipping included. Needs some regluing of the rubber surrounds to the cone. No big deal. I will cut the dust cap out and put in a phase plug. Probably use them as some sort of OB setup.

Peace,

Dave

Here's the 4" you asked to see, it's says KON. Also an alnico rather hefty aluminum horn, the Foster conical horn (very efficient but only good to 15K) that Radio Shack sold and used in the Mach 5000 and of course the lower right is the tweeter that resembles the Mach one.

Attachments

• IMG_6795.jpg
    IMG_6795.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 360
  • Screen shot 2010-05-23 at 9.59.06 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-05-23 at 9.59.06 PM.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 356
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The 4" is generic... lots like that

The Fosters are actually the older alnico ones out of the Zenith Allegros. They are about 90 dB. Nice tweeter.

The ones at the top right have a similar motor (the Foster version does), started out being made by Jensen then were licenced or copied by quite a few (including Foster). Yours were made by Heppner.

dave

Bought some aluminium angle to mount some connectors on the back of my guitar amp.
£5 for 3.5' of it. Delivered.
Oh, and a few 1/4" plugs and sockets, so various things (extra speaker, recording facility) can be plugged in easily.
And... a neon green guitar lead. Won't lose that on stage when I'm on my world tour.

Not much to see. Paper cone, stamped steel basket, fabric dustcap. 30Hz resonance.

They don't sound too good, and one tweeter was knackered. Another odd tweeter to add to the collection.

So, after some contemplation, I decided the woofers could be worth using as some kind of bass unit (experimentation only, you understand).

The pics aren't too good. Not enough light without the flash, too much light with the flash. And slightly blurry. Nevermind, eh?

Attachments

• 100_0864.JPG
    100_0864.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 321
  • 100_0866.JPG
    100_0866.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 285
  • 100_0868.JPG
    100_0868.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 287
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

`

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

http://img689.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dscn93236306313.jpg

Last edited: