And what did we buy today?

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Bought some more Ryobi ONE+ toys, I'm giving away all of my corded tools to my brother (plus I don't need to be corded to a generator and require petrol, so instead I can charge all of these cordless tools with an off-grid solar power system) and moving into the ONE+ system. Since I last posted to this thread wherein I detailed having bought a Circular Saw and a 1/2" Impact wrench I've also bought:

A Ryobi ONE+ HID Xenon spotlight. Ryobi One+ 18V Xenon Spotlight - Skin Only | Bunnings Warehouse
A Ryobi ONE+ LED Area Camping light. Ryobi One+ 18V LED Area Light With USB Port | Bunnings Warehouse

Both used for fishing and blackouts and spotting/scaring away possums.

See attatched image for my entire Ryobi ONE+ collection so far.

In addition to the items already bought I want to also get:
1x Cordless line trimmer (so my brother can trim the garden without burning fossil fuels)
Ryobi One+ 18V 305mm Cut Cordless Line Trimmer - Skin Only
1x Multifuction tool (for fixing rust on my car)
Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless Multi Function Tool - Skin Only | Bunnings Warehouse
1x Ryobi 1100w 4 stroke generator (for blackouts and severe thunderstorms to run the freezer and my aquariums)
Ryobi 1100W Portable 4 Stroke Petrol Generator | Bunnings Warehouse
1x Cordless jigsaw (for cutting mdf/making subs)
https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-o...-skin-only_p6210486?ReturnUrl=/user/wish-list
1x Belt sander (for fixing rust/paint on my car roof, kinda optional I can always just use my hands)
https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-18v-one-belt-sander_p6210770?ReturnUrl=/user/wish-list

And a 5 piece combo set which is much cheaper than buying the items individually, which includes: https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-18v-one-5-piece-combo-kit_p6210783?ReturnUrl=/user/wish-list

• 1 x 18V ONE+ hammer drill (for drilling holes using standard bits and for a wire wheel if needed for fixing rust)
• 1 x 18V ONE+ impact driver (for drilling in screws)
• 1 x 18V ONE+ reciprocating saw (for trimming trees)
• 1 x 18V ONE+ angle grinder (for fixing rust and grinding off broken stuff on my car)
• 1 x 18V ONE+ workshop blower (have no use for this, turbo?)
• 2.5Ah lithium ion battery
• 5.0Ah lithium ion battery (can always do with more 5.0AH batteries)
• 1 x fast charger

It will probably take me all of 2018 to get 'em all.

Attachments

• diyaudio-202.jpg
    diyaudio-202.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
HP Thin Client T610 Plus Thin Client AMD G-T56N 1.65GHz 4G RAM 2G HDD ThinPro | eBay

Bought this to use as a pfsense firewall. It draws 16 watts at idle which is good enough, you could get better power consumption by going with a mini pc but they are 3x the price of one of these. 8 watts for a more modern J1900 intel cpu.

Only downside to using a thinclient is that you cannot use AES-NI, cpu doesn't support it. But at least I get to use my dual port intel pci-e nic.

And unless you are willing to buy a Netgate SP-1000 for $200 USD + postage this is your only option. pfsense doesn't yet support ARM yet they are releasing a product with pfsense on it.

Its a shame really because the raspberry pi would be perfect for sub-100MBps connections.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
I went to Cherry Road Nursery, a little nursery which my mum has gone to for 20+ years. No joke intended.

I bought 3x pallets of Shallots. Figured I would go there instead of Bunnings because at Bunnings everything that I get dies.

The staff at Cherry Road Nursery was very helpful and very beautiful there too. lots of properly arranged plants.

Now lets all enjoy this beautiful gif: Relaxing - GIF on Imgur

Last edited: