And what did we buy today?

Fluke 8000a with low ohms and battery options.
I like the retro LEDs , styling very sleek.
Its amazing checks out perfect on calibrator.
$9.00 plus sales tax so under $10.

Attachments

• F8ACE9DD-BB85-460F-8A23-AB1AF82AED73.jpeg
    F8ACE9DD-BB85-460F-8A23-AB1AF82AED73.jpeg
    868.8 KB · Views: 177
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
I bought a Ryobi ONE+ 1/2" impact wrench:
RYOBI 18V ONE+ Cordless 3 Speed Impact Wrench Kit | Bunnings Warehouse

Truly amazing tool and amazing battery system the ONE+ system is.

HIGHLY praised and HIGHLY recommended! I can now take a tyre off my car, a brake caliper, in under 10 minutes and reassemble it all in the same amount of time. Even the car screw jack has a 18mm nut on it that I can use the cordless wrench with! The car jacks up in less than 30 seconds!

Attachments

• 103-diyaudio.jpg
    103-diyaudio.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
And yesterday/today:

USB to serial TTL adapter:
FT232RL 3.3V 5.5V FTDI USB to TTL Serial Adapter Module for Arduino Mini Port | eBay

Looks like tons of features for $2 and many uses. I bought it thinking I could get my Atari 8bit setup running again at the new house (no, I'm no relation to Dude111).

USB to IDE adapter:
USB 2.0 to IDE SATA 2.5 3.5 Hard Drive HD HDD Converter Adapter Cable Useful | eBay

I'm hoping this will allow me to archive anything remotely useful that I have on my old IDE HD's much quicker and with finality. I hope it works for $3. I am skeptical of all the cheap Chinese "adapters" on eBay since I bought at least 3 IDE to SATA adapters a while back that I finally realized were just PCB jewelry.

Was this close to ordering this big stupid plastic dingus (called a "carrier") that broke on my ancient garage door opener. But instead, after staring at the broken pieces for awhile like Nipper the RCA dog, I think I figured out how to fix it with a length of PVC half-pipe and a pair of hose clamps. So far, so good. The acid test will be later in the season, when the door freezes to the concrete pad. Something's gotta give...