An inverting version of the NwAvGuy O2 headphone amp vs. the original: THD+N

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry I can't buy from you. Duty tax & customs fee in here is very complex and expensive. And I just 13-years old boy, I don't have Paypal or CC.
So can you give link to that (.sch) file?

Maybe I can help. :) I'll send a PM.

There *should* have been a Google drive link in the first post of this thread pointing to the schematic, layout, BOM, build instructions, etc. but I just discovered I forgot to ever post it! :) Oops. I will do that right now.

Last edited:
I have moved most of my headphone stuff into a new room at the house, my main PC was getting really cluttered and making new listening test difficult at best...

I added a new Schiit Audio Multibit DAC aka "Bimby" to the mix and really am enjoying its new "sound"...its making the amps I have (9+) sound a lot "better".

That said I went thru all the amps in the new setting with my now favorite T1's (600 ohm) and was surprised when I came to my seldom used AGDR inverting O2...even though my ODA is my go to amp for serious listening, clarity etc....the inverting O2 really sounded very, very musicial...kind of eerie...

I used both low and high gains...and I was reading about the distortion 4x4f150 was experiencing on high gain only at 60% levels....I listened on high gain at these high levels for a few seconds at a time...painfully loud to me...and I have not experienced this issue?

I am using the WAU16-1000 16VAC power adapter.

I used the ODAC to drive the amp. I have a HRT MSii+ which is hotter 2.25 vrms at full output... I will test with this later today.

Alex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.