An interesting thread regarding amplifiers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You seem to be spreading your 'ideas' as if you have the divine truth.

Carlos, it seems you'll fight me on this to the death :angel:

Firstly, they aren't my 'ideas', they are fact/reality, there has been much proof/tests etc to back this up for decades.

I feel Ambisonics represents the most significant step up a person can make in his/her system, Stereo as a format has been exhausted. People in general are trying to attain something which is beyond the realm of Stereo, this imho is misguided. If people can be guided in a more fruitful direction, does it not benefit all?

Granted, this is not for everyone, there will be some who knock it before they even try it :eek: , imagine that.. :rolleyes:

There are compromises/difficulties, like the need for more speakers eating up living space and the search for a decoder, but for those willing to sacrifice such things, the realism attainable is of a significantly higher order than stereo.

I suppose you are after the sound reflections of the trees too?

I'm after any and all reflections(properly mapped, of course), reflections play as much a part of reality as direct sound does, maybe even more outside of the concert hall.

No need to inject reverberations and fireworks all around, it's all there

There's no injection, only what's there at the time of recording. If you want to *prove* me wrong, do so. If not, please stop fighting me on this, as all your displaying is your own *preferences*. I am willing to learn whatever anyone can teach me, aslong as it's sturdy(i.e stands up to rigorous testing, experimentation), I would rather be a slave to science than a slave to mysticism.

Talking about amplifiers in a Loudspeaker section is weird enough, but getting into recording techniques in an amplifier thread in a loudspeaker section is more difficult to understand. I'm interested in recording techniques, but this does not seem to be the place for it.

Yep, you're right. I only mentioned it in response to what someone said about acoustics.

I tend to mention Ambisonics a lot, as I feel it's the most important step we've yet to make and I'd like a lot more people to be aware of it's existance. Even if only to scrutinise it, if they can do it scientifically(through tests/experimentation), proving that problems exist bigger than those with Stereo, that's cool.

So, I apologise for bringing it up in this thread. I hope that maybe we can continue talking about it elsewhere..

Mods, cut and paste job, where do you think is suitable for my ramblings, Texas? ;)

derf said:
Carlos, it seems you'll fight me on this to the death :angel:

Firstly, they aren't my 'ideas', they are fact/reality, there has been much proof/tests etc to back this up for decades.

No, you are wrong.
I really don't care that you are all around saying that who listents to stereo is deaf and the way to go is Ambisonics, blah blah blah.

So, this is my last post directed to you on this matter, because it really doesn't matter.:clown:

Just because in the 30's Blumlein tested the third speaker (derived from the two stereo channels) does it mean that this is the way to listen?
Well, in the 'dark age' they said the Earth is flat and it was the center of the universe.
Do you believe it? :clown:
Who contradicted it was burned in front of a wide audience.

Seems like the inquisition is back, your theories about how to enjoy the music are the only ones, and we must follow YOU, the prophet.
Nobody teaches me how I should listen, and specially nobody makes me put a 'decoder' in the way of my precious signal path.

The end.
Please open a thread to discuss you ideas and don't go threadjacking everywhere you see someone discussing amps.

I really don't care that you are all around saying that who listents to stereo is deaf and the way to go is Ambisonics, blah blah blah.

Never said anything of the sort, this is a product of your overactive imagination.

Well, in the 'dark age' they said the Earth is flat and it was the center of the universe.
Do you believe it?
Who contradicted it was burned in front of a wide audience.

Hmm, it's me that's providing the revelations here, not you, and it seems I'm the one who's getting torched for it.

Seems like the inquisition is back, your theories about how to enjoy the music are the only ones, and we must follow YOU, the prophet

Once again, a product of your fertile imagination. Just because I'm presenting Ambisonics as the superior capture/reproduction system, which it is, doesn't mean I'm forcing anyone to do anything.

Nobody teaches me how I should listen, and specially nobody makes me put a 'decoder' in the way of my precious signal path.

It seems to me, nobody teaches you full stop, you've already reached a level of invulnerability, unapproachable by mere mortals :clown:

As for your "precious signal path", it's most likely been eq'd, compressed, limited, clipped, all manner of things before it even came to you. The idea that a 'decoder' is somehow going to ruin the "precious signal path" is just another case of so called "audiophiles" cutting off their nose to spite their face. Ignorance=bliss?

Please open a thread to discuss you ideas and don't go threadjacking everywhere you see someone discussing amps.

Yes, I may be threadjacking, but only because the topic turned away from amps onto acoustics. But, to be quite honest, my threadjacking isn't half as annoying as your insistance on me being wrong, yet providing absolutely no justification.

Lets hope so...

derf said:
It seems to me, nobody teaches you full stop, you've already reached a level of invulnerability, unapproachable by mere mortals :clown:

What nobody can teach me is how to enjoy listening to my music.
I didn't see any proofs coming from you, but you insist you are providing them (?!).
Just because you say Blumlein talked about it in the 30's, is this a proof that it's the correct way to listen?
What kind of proof is this?
Well I say no.:clown:

Please, open your own thread, let's stop here.
This matter can be of interest for some, but you are threadjacking here, as you did on the Solid State forum.
People just wanted to discuss amps...
I'm out of this nonsense.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.