• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amveco toroid boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got mine today as well. Very nice.

Unfortunately there's an error in the single boards... (doubles are fine). The primary trace, nr 2, should connect to the outer pin, but it connects to the inner pin. So make sure you cut the trace and bridge the trace to the outer pin. Otherwise you only use half the primaries and I don't know if the transformer will take that (although the datasheet says they're tested up to 4kV).

Otherwise very nice :).

Maarten

Got mine today as well. Very nice.

Unfortunately there's an error in the single boards... (doubles are fine). The primary trace, nr 2, should connect to the outer pin, but it connects to the inner pin. So make sure you cut the trace and bridge the trace to the outer pin. Otherwise you only use half the primaries and I don't know if the transformer will take that (although the datasheet says they're tested up to 4kV).

Otherwise very nice :).

Maarten

Crap, thanks for catching that. Sorry for the mistake. I will correct that right away for the next run. I must have made a last minute edit on the singles, since the duals and triples are fine.

Also, don't forget to use the A,B,C and D jumpers for 115V and 230V, like this:
115V: Jumper the A pad to the B pad and the C pad to the D pad.
230V: Jumper the B pad to the D pad.

Last edited:
Ok, this is what I left after all packages have went out:
11 single and 28 dual toroid boards. The triples are all gone.
These are up for grabs for anyone who want them, just let me know. Time to start thinking of round two, which might include quad boards too if the interest is there. I might even be up for a penta board, but that sucker will be big :)

Wow, what is all that? Do you mind going through all those juice deprived circuits and giving just a short description?

I recognize the Buffalo II by TPA, but what is the rest?

It's all TPA indeed. Went a bit overboard with the power supplies :D. Although the small print is not the Volumite but the optical receiver. First I'm going to hook it up to the Aleph P which I'm currently building, so I'll use analog attenuation.

Still not seen mine? Maybe customs?

Many thanks MrMajestic, I have mine now, guess it was just a small bit of postal delay :)

1. Can anyone point me in the direction of the connectors for these boards, both plugs and sockets? One for mains in I guess and then the ones for connecting to equipment.

2. My original idea was to hard-wire power to the TP boards and put plugs and sockets on these transformer boards, but I may try and put sockets on the TP boards. Has anyone done this, does anyone have any part numbers?

Many thanks MrMajestic, I have mine now, guess it was just a small bit of postal delay :)

1. Can anyone point me in the direction of the connectors for these boards, both plugs and sockets? One for mains in I guess and then the ones for connecting to equipment.

2. My original idea was to hard-wire power to the TP boards and put plugs and sockets on these transformer boards, but I may try and put sockets on the TP boards. Has anyone done this, does anyone have any part numbers?

Well, I always use Terminal Blocks from Phoenix for the job. Several version available so its a matter of taste and wire gauge I guess. Just as long as its 5.08mm pitch you should be fine. This is the 4-pole version that I use: 1729144 and this is the 2-pole version :1729128

The fuse holder is a Shurter OGN 0031.8201 22.5mm pin grid.

recieved the PCBs yesterday, good work mate! will put them to use at some point soon enough. will be cool for space saving in my current ackodac build actually. i'm going to see if richard sumner can make me some toroids in this size can with this pinout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.