Amplifier repair

The connection would be intermittent when broken. If you push back on the connector, it will open the connection so you can reliably check for continuity.

Sometimes you can see the break when you push back on the connector but that can put undue stress on an otherwise good jack and should probably be avoided. Checking for continuity while gently pushing back on the jack is the best way to determine if the jack is damaged.

The connector will be a bit more difficult to push back when the ground shield is intact but you'll have to push back on both good and bad jacks to see how much difference there is between good and bad.

Yes, most all of the photos I post are from the DVD.

Amp repair...thanks

I have just joined this forum as I was having an issue with my rt2100x amplifier. It had a major ground hum and no other audio. I just happened to find this thread and saw what the repair was. I pulled it out of the car, opened it up and sure enough the plate that the sleeves connect to was broken from the board. I soldered a wire from the board to the plate and everything works beautiful now...Thanks