Amplifier Classes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In engineering it is always a struggle to define things succinctly and precisely.When you talk about "Output stage swings the full 360 degrees..." this is a somwhat ambiguous description. What is being swung exactly?

I used this description to define the amplifier classes whose signals crossed zero... It was to benefit the distinction between Class-C and the others.

Without going into too much detail about actual movement of electrons through a doped piece of silicon, I figured this was a good comprimise, and the term "swing" was appropriate.

:D

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
soundNERD said:
what does everybody think of those ideas?

thanks, Mike

let me give you some encouragement and caution to balance it out.

I am sure when Bill Gates started out in his garage, he heard many many wise people telling him why he wouldn't be successful. look at where he is and where those wise people are. So keep trying and don't get discouraged by others.

Having said that, I think you will so realize how difficult it is to get people to buy things from you. you need to first identify where the demand is and who your competition is. Given the amount of very good cross-over design software (most of them are free) and speaker software there is, you need to make absolutely sure that your provides value people cannot get anywhere else.

"Don't quit your day job" - darn, ive always wanted an excuse to quit school :D . I figure i have nothing better to do, so what am i losing? If it sells, great. if not, well, i didn't put much money into making it. And there will be more to it than just crossover and stuff. I need to add some more calculators to it.

Sorry, I don't have any 2n107's. I just got literally a bag full of them. So if anybody needs some, i am willing to sell them for cheap (not all of them, though).

Does anybody here know much about Visual Basic? If so, how do I get it to let the user draw lines on the form?

What does everybody think of the comptuers section and the part description ideas?

thanks again for the help, Mike

OK, how about now?

www.aloofhosting.com/electronet/audio.htm

I spent a lot of time on that and the info should be right now.

But if something isn't, please don't take your anger out on me with more of the un-bookmark jokes or the "your site sucks, dont even try" wow, that one was sure helpful.

But really, all I ask is that if something is wrong, nobody makes 5 pages of nasty insults about it and just tells me what I can do to improve.

thank you.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Now, would asking about tubes on the tube forum get me swamped with actual info about tubes, or "why are you so dumb" posts like happened when I asked here the first time about my site?

Probably not.
OTOH you can easily piece it all together yourself by using search engines on the net, one link usually leads to another and so on.

But what do you think of the webpage?

A work in progress...:)

Cheers,;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.