Amp specs for Acoustat Spectra 22

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do give your thinking on the sound of Voltage output........after haveing that big 50watt 1 ohm res an some eq-ing caps on the Sunfires current output....an the other one ohm res...in the input of the Acoustats 22.123 interfaces... there well be a diff.....
the Voltage output never inpresst me......after living with the current output on any speaker......But the QSC H output amps...there vary stabel......Just matches up with the tranfourms on these ESLs....great tone..........................Weird..even too me...... I have tride not to like there sound......hehe..........
thanks
For sure, there is a wonderful artistic charm to your unique writing style which I am sure delights many readers.

On the other hand, have you considered compromising your unique artistic style in favour of writing which communicates your meaning effectively?

I know there is some "gold" in your post and I am sorry I am unable to make good sense of it without your clarification.

Ben

Last edited:
Similar to the OP's query, I have recently been experimenting with the interface between the amp and a massive Dayton-Wright transformer. The transformer has an irregular impedance when loaded by an ESL panel and can go lower than an Ohm.

So, there are almost uncountable ways of buffering between the amp the transformer with resistors, capacitors, and coils. OR, as this thread shows, digging up an amp that just doesn't care, at almost uncountable effort and expense.

My final design, and which I recommend for this thread, is (1) just stick a one-Ohm resistor in series. Few amps will have trouble driving the resulting load. And then, (2) get an inexpensive Behringer crossover-EQ (DCX2496) and fix the acoustic frequency response digitally.

I take for granted that nobody working with loudspeakers is without the means of measuring sound just as I take for granted nobody working with wood lacks a saw.

Ben

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.