• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Amp kit recommendations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sy - Thanks for responding. I've tried exporting as a .bmp; however, for some reason the resulting picture seems to be very low resolution - to the point of not useful. Perhaps there is something in AutoCAD I've not got set correctly for exporting resolution or size. I'll figure it out eventually.

Jeff - I wish I had a concrete reason for everything I've done. In some cases (such as the vent holes), it just seemed like a good idea to throw some in (everybody's doing it ;)). They're not there to cool the tubes specifically, but just to let the warm air vent out of the enclosure. I probably should have thrown more in I suppose. The three holes that divide the 'power' section from the 'amplifier' section are located above the large bank of caps, specifically for the purpose of drawing cooler air over them and - I hope - keeping their temperature down. Now that I've finished wiring up the amp side of things, I would probably nudge some of the tubes and switches around a little bit - hindsight being 20 - 20 - if I were to do it again. Next time...next time...

Scott.

As a last resort for turning your drawing into a .jpg, .gif etc, you could just take a screendump (press the PrintScreen button on your keyboard), start up your favourite image editor, open a new file, paste (Ctrl+V) the screendump, crop it, save it and Bob's your uncle...

Not the prettiest of solutions, but doable if your drawing can fit within your screen real estate. However, you should be able to print it to a pdf and take it from there, or just export it to a .tif or whatever.

Good luck!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.