Amp 32 Pics + Review

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
v-bro said:
Thanks for the response Xpunge,

About the cooling contact, I got a piece of a sort of silicon coated cloth to put between the chip and case. Don't know what it's called, but it is
at least non-toxic.

The silicon coated cloth might not be electrically insulating. I had some and found out th hard way it was not, although it was sold as such.

Having said that, my own amp3 has the chip mounted to the case (inside a copper tube) with no insulation. The output minus needs to be insulated as well

I didn't even think it was a problem with TA2021B to connect the heatslug to ground...I thought it was a 'not connected' part of the chip...

Anyways, my amps work fine (even with the first one I built, where I used heat conductive paste..):xeye:

What's that copper tube thing? Pictures?

P.S. Even at the torturing levels and on 4 ohm load the amp stayed reasonably cool (tested it for half an hour).

The smallest AMP32 I made just made me forget I wasn't listening to my larger system...INCREDIBLE! It's just spooky, it really shakes the fundation of the knowledge I thought I had gained through experience. Never thought something would surprise me again like this.

The board I'm describing uses the stock 3,3uF electrolytic input caps and 2x470uF buffer caps...

I'm really not joking here, this amp has the best staging I've heard in a long time... What this little amp does to my small two way dynamic speakers (seas W111 with 19mm dome in about 3.5 liters) really comes close to what the Audiodigit MC4x100 produces with 10" TL subs and Esl treble panels!

Somehow it's really capable of reproducing pin point staging precision in both distance and horizontal placement.. (I appear to hear things coming from way outside the width angle you'd expect from my stereo setup, sometimes things even appear to come from behind me).

Still have to do some A/B testing on the 2x1000uF version, and I'm going to try some 2,2uF mylar caps I have lying around...

Keep you all posted...

Made four new boxes today, if anyone's interested I can make some custombuilds....

Attachments

• amp32cases.jpg
    amp32cases.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 434
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.