• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You are welcome Acko... great you have it in the hands :D

The PSU in the picture is the one?

I am really curious to hear from you about the Edel and most insteresting the Edel with the S03... :)

Cheers,
Enrico

Yes it is, new PSU ADM7150-based to power the EDEL 3.3V
Still early days but we would like to see the effect of isolation and re-clocking to a lower phase noise clock than that on the EDEL itself.

There's also the option of installing Squeezelite on top of the Botic driver and controlling it with any Squeezebox remote app, but you need a LMS server on your network for this option. It's easy to do and works well though

Yes, I used to use SB but the advantage of the UPnP route for me is that it isn't restricted to just music or SB equipped devices. I can control music playing through my home cinema amp for example. And a single interface is important in our household as my lady isn't into 'gadgets'!

Ray

Joined 2010
Paid Member
BBB is playing

Dear Ray,

Thanks to your help I can make the BBB playing as rendered with the BubbleUPnP :D

Without your continuous and patient support I can't do it. THANKS!!!

The S03 work fine at the first power-up.

I have only a small and really annoying issue. Each time that the trace change, even in the same album (so no switch between the clocks), I have some glitches and pops for 2 or 3 seconds. After the first 2/3 seconds the BBB is playing correctly

I don't know if it is due to the S03 or to the BBB.

Any suggestion how to investigate better this issue?

Thanks and Regards,
Enrico

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Try looking for buffer before play,

Not sure where exactly, am sure someone will pipe up!

Thanks, still waiting for PCBs!

Laters,

Drew.

Drew, are think you are referring to the buffer pcbs... I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting.
Please be patient few more days. I am receiving PMs day by day from many different places including Australia. They are under deliver right now

Regards,
Enrico

Dear Ray,

Thanks to your help I can make the BBB playing as rendered with the BubbleUPnP :D

Without your continuous and patient support I can't do it. THANKS!!!

The S03 work fine at the first power-up.

I have only a small and really annoying issue. Each time that the trace change, even in the same album (so no switch between the clocks), I have some glitches and pops for 2 or 3 seconds. After the first 2/3 seconds the BBB is playing correctly

I don't know if it is due to the S03 or to the BBB.

Any suggestion how to investigate better this issue?

Thanks and Regards,
Enrico

You're very welcome Enrico; 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' works around here.

I have no pops or clicks with my BBB/SO3 system so it should be possible to eliminate the problem. Maybe start be working through miero's instructions for configuring the botic software to ensure it is optimally configured for your clocks etc.

Ray

Joined 2010
Paid Member
You're very welcome Enrico; 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' works around here.

:D

I have no pops or clicks with my BBB/SO3 system so it should be possible to eliminate the problem. Maybe start be working through miero's instructions for configuring the botic software to ensure it is optimally configured for your clocks etc.

:eek: Again????... Ok I will do it :)

Is this the MPD buffer?
Some useful information from linuxfan Post 1759->

In /etc/mpd.conf:

# MPD Internal Buffering ######################################################
#
# This setting adjusts the size of internal decoded audio buffering. Changing
# this may have undesired effects. Don't change this if you don't know what you
# are doing.
#
#audio_buffer_size "2048"
#
# This setting controls the percentage of the buffer which is filled before
# beginning to play. Increasing this reduces the chance of audio file skipping,
# at the cost of increased time prior to audio playback.
#
#buffer_before_play "10%"
#
###############################################################################

In /etc/mpd.conf:

# MPD Internal Buffering ######################################################
#
# This setting adjusts the size of internal decoded audio buffering. Changing
# this may have undesired effects. Don't change this if you don't know what you
# are doing.
#
#audio_buffer_size "2048"
#
# This setting controls the percentage of the buffer which is filled before
# beginning to play. Increasing this reduces the chance of audio file skipping,
# at the cost of increased time prior to audio playback.
#
#buffer_before_play "10%"
#
###############################################################################

Thanks stijn001 :)
There you go Enrico, see if buffer size helps

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Thanks stijn001 :)
There you go Enrico, see if buffer size helps

Thanks guys for your help... I modified the buffer size to 4096 and the buffer % at 50% and 100% but nothing is changed, maybe a little worse but I can't be sure.

I re-check the setup of the clocks in the uEnv.txt file and it is correctly settled as "3".

Acko, I have the suspect that the switch of the clocks doesn't work properly?

At the first trial this morning I don't setup the above uEnv.txt at "3" but was at "0" and the 192 files doesn't play at all. After I changed at "3" and all the formats are playing correctly. For this reason I assume that the S03 is working properly, but now I start to have some doubt...

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Acko,

I am investigating about the issue of the BBB and I re-checked the clocks switch through CKSEL.
Everything is working properly, CKSEL go 3,3V with the 44,1, the XO1 pin 1 is high while the XO2 is low. Viceversa with 96 the CKSEL go low, the X01 go low and the XO2 go high.

I thinks that if the XOs doesn't work properly the pops and glitches should be for all the song length and not only for the first 3/4 second. If this is correct I can exclude that the problem is from the S03?

Thanks,
Enrico

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.