• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes! I have it working! :)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Excuse the mess....
I'm still not sure exactly where the problem lay except to say my. Crappy soldering somewhere... I've removed, tested and refitted the clock and u3 tonight and now it's all working nicely and sounding real great with my dddac :)
Thanks Acko

Excellent! My pleasure :cheers:

Joined 2010
Paid Member
emyeuoi,

I heard somewhere that you can get quality PCBs built for $150 minimum order, which for 20 SO3 boards, would be $7.50usd each. That would get this project moving faster and cheaper.

Carlsor

Who?... me??? :eek:

Carlsor, first of all the S03 is Acko design and I don't understand why you are asking me about.
In addition you are in the same GB list like me. You think that if can get the S03 board faster and cheaper I need to put my name in the GB?

Enrico

Hi Acko, hope you do not mind I post your work here without first asking!?

To DDDAC owner(s), wonder if there is any interest in that little pcb adaptor, conversion from u.fl to DDDAC i2s header? Please see attached photo.

I have personally seek Acko's kind assistance with this adaptor since I heard nothing from Iancanada after little over a week. As pest as I can be, I also asked if he can come up with a similar pcb adapter for BBB to S03 u.fl while we are waiting for the SuperCape? Haven't heard from him on the BBB, yet?

Please direct your queries to Acko, if any?

Cheers,
Chanh

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 377
Joined 2010
Paid Member

To DDDAC owner(s), wonder if there is any interest in that little pcb adaptor, conversion from u.fl to DDDAC i2s header? Please see attached photo.

I have personally seek Acko's kind assistance with this adaptor since I heard nothing from Iancanada after little over a week. As pest as I can be, I also asked if he can come up with a similar pcb adapter for BBB to S03 u.fl while we are waiting for the SuperCape? Haven't heard from him on the BBB, yet?

Cheers,
Chanh

Hi Chan,

Is true that the S03 board needs a sort of adapter to connect with the DDDAC.
I solved the problem with a small piece of prototype board, one 10 pin female and 3 U.FL connectors. With a little patience you can have your adapter ready to play :)

I hope this can help you and the others DDDAC owner(s).

Regards,
Enrico

Attachments

• DSC02445.jpg
    DSC02445.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 341
  • DSC02455.jpg
    DSC02455.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 301
  • DSC02457.jpg
    DSC02457.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 292

Cheers,
Chanh

This is alright :)
Also, BBB-UFL adapter wired to pins as shown. Mounts on P9 connector of BBB. Only a few samples will be made at this stage

Attachments

• AKL-AMN-S03 to BBB2.png
    AKL-AMN-S03 to BBB2.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 300
  • BBB-UFL P9.png
    BBB-UFL P9.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 180
Hi Enrico,

Many thanks for the photos, what looked like a very good idea/finished. I only wish to have such talent, post incidentally killed a DDDAC board and waited 6-weeks for new board to be delivered. I would hate to see it goes in smoke after spent nearly $8k on diy parts, not to meantion endless hours of mods. :D

@Acko, please also assist with the BBB adaptor? :)

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Enrico,

Many thanks for the photos, what looked like a very good idea/finished. I only wish to have such talent, post incidentally killed a DDDAC board and waited 6-weeks for new board to be delivered. I would hate to see it goes in smoke after spent nearly $8k on diy parts, not to meantion endless hours of mods. :D

@Acko, please also assist with the BBB adaptor? :)

You are welcome Chanh. Just give a try, are few $ of parts and the worse that can happen is that don't transfer the I2S data from the S03 to the DDDAC, so no music playing :).
Don't worry, no way to kill the DAC through this adapter :)rolleyes: well, unless you send the 5V instead of the I2S signals :D )

...BBB-UFL adapter wired to pins as shown. Mounts on P9 connector of BBB. Only a few samples will be made at this stage

Thanks Acko, count me in.

As the BBB interface board could prevent the use of other pin outs on P9 it would be neat useful, especially as there is plenty of space, if the board offered pads for off board power (P9.9) and reset (P9.10) switches.

I know the power button function requires a momentary action switch across P9.9 and ground, not sure about the reset function without referencing the BBB manual.

Ray

BBB-UFL board

Thanks Acko, count me in.

As the BBB interface board could prevent the use of other pin outs on P9 it would be neat useful, especially as there is plenty of space, if the board offered pads for off board power (P9.9) and reset (P9.10) switches.

I know the power button function requires a momentary action switch across P9.9 and ground, not sure about the reset function without referencing the BBB manual.

Ray

supplied as empty boards only ($15 each). UFL connectors can be mounted upon request at cost. Pin pads of the BBB P9 connector are replicated and you can connect header pins as required to access the relevant signals.

If interested add to the list. Will keep this open for ~1wk:

Acko x1

Attachments

• BBB-UFL P9.png
    BBB-UFL P9.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.