• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Soo, what clocks (4x.xxx / 9x.xxx) would be best suited for this job?
Since it is 7x5mm clocks, the CCHD-957's won't fit the board - what about the Fox XPO-HC735/736 ones? or is there any other one that is easy to obtain which would be better?
What are you guys going to use?

Soo, what clocks (4x.xxx / 9x.xxx) would be best suited for this job?
Since it is 7x5mm clocks, the CCHD-957's won't fit the board - what about the Fox XPO-HC735/736 ones? or is there any other one that is easy to obtain which would be better?
What are you guys going to use?

Can take both 5x7mm and CCHD series 9x11mm XOs. See land pattern.

Attachments

• AKX302_3.png
    AKX302_3.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 490
Thanks Acko got it.

I have been having lots of niggling issues with my BIII/Arduino/Tubeizator build that are largely related to the Arduino doing strange things & these problems have kept me away from the isolator-reclocker mod.

To try & solve my DAC project issues I want to use the S01 board as a I2C isolator in the short term to see if isolating the DAC section from the Arduino section will help. The only link between the sections at the moment is the I2C link to the BIII.

With help from hochopeper, I have come up with the following configuration that I was hoping hochopeper or any other knowledgeable person could check before I give it a run tomorrow.

The intention is to:

1. Populate U2 as the isolator with Si8600 Bi-directional I2C isolator
  2. Populate C2 & C3 as the isolator by pass caps
  3. Connect the the Arduino SCL & SDA to the Mute & DSDOE inputs
  4. Connect the Arduino 3.3V to VS (3.3V In)
  5. Connect the Arduino GRND at VS
  6. Connect the the BIII SCL & SDA to the Mute & DSDOE outputs
  7. Populate C12, C13, C14, C15, FB1 & U7as the regulator section for the BIII 5.25v input
  8. Connect the BIII 5.25V to J1 & BIII GRND to J1
  9. Use pullup resistors between J3 & DSDOE & Mute outputs.
How's that sound?

I assume I dont need a level changer for the 5V Arduino SCL & SDA lines?

Really all I'm doing here is consolidating what hochopeper has already suggested. I just like to make sure I got it right before I fire up the iron, mind you I'll be lucky to be able to find some of these components, let alone solder them in place.

Attachments

• 13-05-02 Isolator Setup.jpg
    13-05-02 Isolator Setup.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 344
  • 13-05-02 Isolator Setup.pdf
    177.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
What should I use to clean off the residue?

I couldn't get it to work though. The regulators working & everything appears to be ok but when I connected it between the BIII and the Arduino I couldn't get the 2 talking properly. The Si8600 data sheet shows 3K pull up resistors on both sides of the chip off each SCL & SDA leg, so I tried that as you will see in the photo, but even thought I was getting some communication it was far from right.

Attachments

• 13-04-28 DQ DAC 2 Isolator Parts01_2.jpg
    13-04-28 DQ DAC 2 Isolator Parts01_2.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 313
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.