Aluminum trimmed subwoofer cabinet

I am finally adding a pair of 12” sealed subs to expand the dynamic range of the bottom couple of octaves of my previously described diy open baffle planar magnetic tower system. I need to assemble the ICE amp to drive them, and add a miniDSP-based crossover, but here they are still fresh on the workbench. I’ll add more details once I actually install them. The plan (if I haven’t really botched the measurements) is to put the subwoofers under the woofer towers so the foot print doesn’t get out of hand. I’ll add details as they emerge over on the original thread so I don’t hog electrons by running parallel threads.

Few

IMG_2357.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks very much. I failed to admit how much time/money/effort I first put into using a high gloss paint before switching to the matte finish. My original intent was to use matte black to match other parts of the system, but along the way my perfectionist streak caused me to waste TONS of time and paint pursuing a perfect high gloss finish, even with my better angels whispering in my ear that matte would look better anyway. I really need to start listening to those angels more diligently! Now that the subwoofers are in place, I'm glad I abandoned the gloss.

Reactions: 1 user