Alternatives to the JX92 / EAD100HD for smoother treble

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I've been trying to find more information on these MAOP drivers as there is very little about, and even less with peoples listening experiences.

The majority of MOAP have gone to Japan. AFAIK Chris (us) has a pair of A7, and Dr Moose in the UK has a pair of A10s.

The A7 are very neutral. And very pretty.

Pairs need to be ordered diectly from Mark.

dave

Hi guys,

I've been running a JX92 in a BLH for many years now. Like Strength had suggested earlier I had been augmenting it with a Dayton ND20 tweeter first order (1 uF cap). After I upgraded my electronics to a F5 and an Aikido preamp and found that the tweeter wasn't needed. I had been using a chip amp, the bandwidth and low noise floor of the F5 made a real difference with the Jordan's. Not so much on some 3 ways I tried them with however. My pair are pretty old, before being outsourced to China I think.

PJN

The majority of MOAP have gone to Japan. AFAIK Chris (us) has a pair of A7, and Dr Moose in the UK has a pair of A10s.

The A7 are very neutral. And very pretty.

Pairs need to be ordered diectly from Mark.

dave

Hi Dave

Thanks. I was unaware that the A7 were also available treated, ah cr@p I had made up my mind on the A10 and if possible A10 MAOP!

Looks like I'm back to square one and probably out of luck if they are limited production.

Out of interest for someone like me as I stated earlier looking for an alternative to the EAD100 to smooth out the treble while keeping the lovely mid range and with a room 4m x 5m x 2.5m would the A7 be equally as suitable as the A10?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.