Altec Voice of Theatre Freq Response roll on / bass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is a mod somewhere on the net where you close off the bottom of the A7 and fill in the inside side flares so you turn it into a compression horn which raises the low end rolloff, but then you put an 18" JBL sub driver in the bottom. I heard it once and was very impressed and was going to do the same to my rig, but sold it and bought the Edgarhorns.

There is a mod somewhere on the net where you close off the bottom of the A7 and fill in the inside side flares so you turn it into a compression horn which raises the low end rolloff, but then you put an 18" JBL sub driver in the bottom. I heard it once and was very impressed and was going to do the same to my rig, but sold it and bought the Edgarhorns.

thanks
interesting, but mine friend want a separate big mono subwf ! biamp of course..:cool:

anyone can show this freq response of the VOT??:cannotbe:

cheers

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
With the stock (large) ports they don't go down very low. If the ports are better tuned, you can get almost another octave. In room response of mine has an F3 in the 30s. I'll dig up a response curve for you later today, after work.

But an F3 circa 50 Hz is common. These are not what I would call a "Supersub".

With the stock (large) ports they don't go down very low. If the ports are better tuned, you can get almost another octave. In room response of mine has an F3 in the 30s. I'll dig up a response curve for you later today, after work.

But an F3 circa 50 Hz is common. These are not what I would call a "Supersub".
Depending on the driver loaded, 50,55,60 Hz according to the old spec sheet.

The Klipsch measurement must have been using the 515-8GHP, it drops like a rock below 60 Hz.

Attachments

• A7.jpg
    A7.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 262
Big Room needed

hi, anyone can show me the BASS roll/on - in room - of the VOT??:cool:

thank sin advanced :)

cheers

P.S.:mine friend need a supersub!!

I was the lucky owner of the Altec Voices in the seventies . They need a lot of Room ! in a small room they wont show their pedigree !The "Theatre" says enough . Used them for my drive in Disco fed with Dynaco stereo 400 and a couple of Lenco L75's with Shure L75's ? on some Dynacord mixer . Sounded great in anything larger then 200 square meters , below that they sounded very thin .

Cheers ,

Rens

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.